• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Why Glutathione is bad

Glutathione contains a single thiol. Single thiols grab mercury weakly and move it around without really helping to eliminate it. The moving mercury gets redistributed to new locations making the person sicker.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Why Glutathione is bad if you are mercury toxic? My homocysteine levels are so low. I don't take anything at now
I can't speak to the toxicity of mercury, or how glutathione interacts with it, but I do know that glutathione will generate γ-glutamyl amino acid or glutamate, which is pretty much the last thing you need right now, given what appears to be your systemic issue with GABA/glutamate balance right now.

Remember, one thing at a time. It makes it easier to figure out what's working for you, whether you need more or less of it, or if you might need something else entirely.

I am absolutely agree with you. I experienced it on my own. Thank you also for the advice for magnesium glycinate. It is great.