• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Why Far Infrared Assists Detoxification

Wayne

Hi All,

I just received a promotional e-mail this morning from a company called Promo-Life. I've done business with them in the past, and feel they are a reputable company.

I thought the article below was a pretty good overview of how far infrared can be helpful for our bodies, including addressing some of the issues PWCs deal with.

I have absolutely no financial affiliation with this company, but thought I would leave the links in case anybody wanted to check out any of the products they mention. This company also put out a video on Youtube which gives a visual demonstration of far infrared and why it assists in detoxification.

Far Infrared Frequency Demonstration - How Far Infrared Works

I've been doing regular far infrared saunas at a local health spa, and have noticed many of the benefits that are mentioned in this article. Because I find FIR so relaxing, I'm considering their far infrared bedding. What a benefit it would be to be able to sleep better.

Best, Wayne

The Healing Powers of Far Infrared
jpeg

Winter seems to be a very popular time for reflection, seeking warmth and detoxifying mind and body. After spending the summer on vacations, working extra hours or ferrying children, many come to realize that a little work is in order to bring the body back to health. For some, winter is a time when we feel a little low, maybe even a little trapped, and we need a little help eliminating everything we’ve built up over the year.

Detoxification can be very helpful – cleansing the body of toxins can make us feel better physically, which in turn can make us feel better emotionally, and ready to reach further intellectually. Of all the various methods for detox and relaxation, far infrared stands out for its naturally soothing properties.

What is far infrared and how does it work?

Far infrared is naturally emitted from the sun and our bodies, in the invisible spectrum of light. When we stand in sunlight, far infrared warms us – if we stand in the shade we feel cooler even though the air temperature doesn’t change.

Far infrared makes the water inside of us vibrate, allowing for deeper penetration. It breaks water molecules into smaller clusters, which helps create an easier release of toxins. It helps blood circulation, increases metabolism and makes your tissues create more necessary enzymes.

Because of its deep penetration, far infrared can soothe muscles, speed healing of injuries and increase blood flow to sore areas. Depending on how deeply you want to detox (or even if you just want to relax), there are a lot of variations of far infrared products that might help you, from far infrared clothing to saunas that cause you to sweat out toxins at lower temperatures. Here’s a quick rundown of what you can find.

Far Infrared Clothing

Clothing is one of the easiest ways to enjoy far infrared. Shirts, socks, gloves and a dozen other articles are made of a blend of 95% polypropylene and 5% bio-ceramics in comfortable, washable apparel. The material uses the far infrared naturally emitted from your body and redirects it back at you, and this can help improve circulation, relieve pain and provide a little extra warmth while not making you too hot.

Braces and wraps are also available in far infrared. You can wrap an injured body part and allow soothing infrared to relax the area and speed healing. Braces combine gentle compression with increased circulation to reduce pain and stiffness. See what’s available in far infrared clothing, braces and wraps.

Far Infrared Bedding

Far infrared bedding is so popular because you can enjoy it all night long and completely surround yourself in infrared rays. People who have to spend a lot of time in bed have reported many benefits of using far infrared quilts, sheets and pillow cases instead of traditional bedding. Like the clothing, the bedding will not make you too hot and can even regulate the temperature so you’re comfortable year-round. You could experience improved circulation, reduced cellulite in the skin and relief from chronic fatigue. You can find quilts, sheets and pillowcases as well as mini quilts that work great for people who have to spend a lot of time sitting.

Far Infrared Heat Pads

Clothing and bedding are great for passive far infrared absorption, but heating pads take it a step further. These pads are often used to relieve issues arising from back pain, carpal tunnel, bursitis, osteoarthritis, plantar fasciitis, strains, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, Crohn’s Disease, fibromyalgia, tendinitis, hypertension, migraines, spasms and more. They also work well for general relaxation and pain relief.

There are several types of pads available. Therasage Healing Pads tend to be the most popular for their price and effectiveness. Low EMF, negative ions, far infrared, all natural Jade stone and antibacterial materials make these soft and flexible pads disappear off the shelves rapidly. Another extremely popular brand are the Bio-Mats, which come in a variety of sizes and can work on your entire body at once. These pads, which use amethyst quartz on the entire surface, are known to improve the immune system, reduce stress, ease pain, improve the skin, burn calories and increase circulation. There are other pads and wraps available as well so you can choose what will work best for your situation.

Far Infrared Saunas

If you’re serious about detoxing and you want to use far infrared, then saunas are the way to go. Far infrared rays penetrate inches into your body, breaking up water molecules, opening up capillaries and causing you to experience a thorough sweat without the super high temperatures traditional saunas require. They are more energy efficient, more effective and don’t require rocks or steam.

You could improve your skin, purge toxins, burn calories, relieve pain, strengthen your cardiovascular system, reduce stress and speed healing with only the effort of turning on the sauna. Once you’ve completed a sauna, showered and consumed water to help speed up the toxin elimination, you should feel more relaxed and ready to face the next day.

Far infrared saunas are available in traditional wooden models and in portable units that can be folded up and easily stored. There are also dome saunas that allow you to lie down while enjoying a sauna and our popular sauna blanket. There are enough variations to ensure everyone can find a sauna that will work for them.

Questions?

If you have any questions about far infrared, feel free to contact us through our website or call 888-742-3404. November is Customer Appreciation Month - visit promolife.com for big sales!