• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which Gut test? So many different labs

I want to get a stool test done. I would like to get as much information as possible but it seems that there's no one lab that does everything that's available.

I don't suppose there's a comparison website or article anywhere that shows the differences between the various tests on offer? I'm very much new to this so I don't really know what everything means but I'm learning as quickly as I can.

So I'm looking at a combo of at least two labs I think. For those who have experience of this. Can you recommend two that would give the most coverage?

I'm thinking of perhaps Biomesight and Genova CDSA/P? Mainly choosing Genova because I've that particular test 4 years and so it would give some comparison. But I don't know if I'm missing out on some important tests by not going with another company.

I'm based in the UK.

My wife just had one done through BiomeSight. We wanted to be able to use the tools on the microbiomeprescription.com site and that seemed to be one he held in high regard, and I didn't read anything bad about it in any of the many websites out there that compare the different companies. I do feel like on the microbiomeprescription website there's a place where they say it's good to keep doing your tests through the same place since they all have slightly different methods, you never know if you're getting a true comparison if you switch companies.

My wife just had one done through BiomeSight. We wanted to be able to use the tools on the microbiomeprescription.com site and that seemed to be one he held in high regard, and I didn't read anything bad about it in any of the many websites out there that compare the different companies. I do feel like on the microbiomeprescription website there's a place where they say it's good to keep doing your tests through the same place since they all have slightly different methods, you never know if you're getting a true comparison if you switch companies.

Yeah, it makes sense to keep to the same one for continuity. How was your experience with Biomesight?