• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Whey protein intolerance - why?

YippeeKi YOW !!

Its the latest in cutting edge nutritional powders,
Thank you Red !!! I hate being baffled. But now I have to look up BOKU (a play on French beaucoup?) as a nutritional adjunct.
made in my village by some millennials who inherited various fortunes.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :_:_:_:_ :D:D:D ....

Well, I guess it's better than another posh pot shop .....

GreenMachineX

Im not sure what your symptoms are, or what exactly you're dealing with, but if you find an increase in anxiety and you're taking pea protein, I would definitely give that a look as the possible culprit.

Peas themselves are extremely high in glutamate, add to that the uncoupling of bonds between the aminos, and you've got a whopping amount of free glutamic acid., and a potential overload of glutamate vs GABA ....

PS ... Vague as this is, I hope it helps. I know how God-flucking awful extended anxiety attacks are and how they can absolutely shred your life ....

EDIT.... for PS
I've had mild to moderate to extreme anxiety for quite a while, but the past 6 months has been pretty wild. I've also had tinnitus, frequent but not quite nightly headaches, and some other stuff I could probably attribute to high glutamate. Thanks for the info.