• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where to purchase GcMAF

BenFromNZ

Just a dosing tip for those using GcMafPlus cream based on the information they provide for their lowest strength cream. They say there is 70 applications (which they define as "finger tip" applications) of 21ng in a 30ml container). I calculated that if you used a Smidgen, Pinch, and Dash measuring spoon set you could get approximate doses of:

30ng=Dash (1/8 tsp)

15ng=Pinch (1/16 tsp)

7.5ng=Smidgen (1/32 tsp)

(Just to be safe make sure your measuring spoons defines dash, pinch, smidgen as the bracketed amounts)

That should help CFS's who need a more consistent way of measuring lower doses.

Here's a link to get a set if you need one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RSVP-Mini-P...b-Spice-New-/371618533962?hash=item568630d24a

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I calculated that if you used a Smidgen, Pinch, and Dash measuring spoon set you could get approximate doses of:
That is interesting and would make for more accurate dosing. I'm not sure about their calculations though if their potency is the same as the MAFActive cream. Using that, a grain of rice size dose gave me the same side-effects as about 25 ng of the injectable--in other words very uncomfortable side-effects.

BenFromNZ

That is interesting and would make for more accurate dosing. I'm not sure about their calculations though if their potency is the same as the MAFActive cream. Using that, a grain of rice size dose gave me the same side-effects as about 25 ng of the injectable--in other words very uncomfortable side-effects.

I'm not sure if their potency is the same - but those measuring spoons especially the smaller two are incredible small. I think it would be advisable for any CFS'ers to test themselves on as lower amount as possible to be safe and gauge reaction first before using those guidelines - I'm just going based on their information - its seems these suppliers often underestimate the reactions people like us can have to GcMAF. I think it is very important we pay attention to reactions like yours. Go "incredibly" low, and slow to be safe

Last edited:

Sushi

I think it would be advisable for any CFS'ers to test themselves on as lower amount as possible to be safe and gauge reaction first before using those guidelines - I'm just going based on their information - its seems these suppliers often underestimate the reactions people like us can have to GcMAF.
Agreed. The problem is that inflammation develops gradually over a period of weeks, so you only realize that the dose is too high, when it is too late.

BenFromNZ

Agreed. The problem is that inflammation develops gradually over a period of weeks, so you only realize that the dose is too high, when it is too late.
Yes, I was just editing my post as you replied to include the part about going "incredibly slow and low to be safe"

Last edited:

I almost do not have side effects from the GcMaf.

Only candida growth (

I have neurolepsy, 17 years of depression of sensitivity of a skin and absence of temperature.
After the bite of the midges, I got Lyme and co-infections аlready 4 years. Sushi, thanks for helping with the selection of the dose GcMaf - 3 years ago.

It really saved my life!

BenFromNZ

@Sushi

I just received quite a lengthy email from GcMAFPlus supplier, they mentioned this:

"This you will be able to see the results, the fact that we use, High
Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid, means the carrier
is slow release, we started using the High Molecular Hyaluronic Acid,
as too many people especially with Lyme disease
tend to herx, this is a slow release so it will help not to have this
side effect as other creams do, and have in the past"

Of course, I think it's best we are still be vary cautious and treat it as though it's not any different - but hopefully there is some truth in what they are saying.

Sushi

the fact that we use, High
Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid, means the carrier
is slow release, we started using the High Molecular Hyaluronic Acid,
as too many people especially with Lyme disease
tend to herx, this is a slow release so it will help not to have this
side effect as other creams do, and have in the past"
I hope so. I still have a nearly full pot of MAFActive cream and at the tiny dose I use, it will last a long time. Then I'll try the new one.

fireflymd

Honestly, I will likely not know if I am "reacting" when I try this cream, because my good and bad days come with no warning, and without doing anything differently. It will be difficult to tell a herx reaction from using GCMAF cream, when there is no rhyme or reason to the bad or good days.

Very interested in trying this cream. Can someone recommend the best brand and where to get?
Does anyone also know if the Bravo yogurt works on any level, e.g digestion?
What about Rerum? Expensive but for how long would one be expected to take it?

Sushi

What is your opinion on the Bravo yogurt?
I have never used it. It is expensive! Many find it helpful though it seems to be more effective for digestive issues than systemic--but I have never considered it because of the price.

BenFromNZ

Is there any source of GCMAF cream that does not contain jojoba oil? My skin reacts with a rash when I've used jojoba oil in the past.

I just received a newsletter from them. They mention asking them if you want to customize the ingredients. Maybe they would be willing to make it without jojoba oil if you asked. Here is what they said:

Customizing Order Ingredients

A quick reminder that if there are particular ingredient/s in any of our products you would like us to exclude from your formula/s, simply email us and we will ensure these are not added when we prepare your order.

BenFromNZ

What is your opinion on the Bravo yogurt?

I've been using bravo for a few months. If definitely has an immune system effect. I upped my dosage by 5ml at a time and each time I felt a bit worse -more tired for a few days. Usually went up once a week but sometimes had to pause increases for a few weeks as I was getting to knocked around by it. I increased slowly all the way up to 100ml. Haven't actually made a positive increase to my health yet, but its early days and my Nagalase was very high so I wouldn't expect to feel better for awhile.

drob31

I just bought some from GcMAFplus. I have a feeling since they are hong kong based, that they aren't going anywhere.

Sushi

I have a feeling since they are hong kong based, that they aren't going anywhere.
They are not Hong Kong based, though one of the distributors is there. GcMAFplus has been available in Europe to doctors for years. It is also distributed from several countries including the US.

fireflymd

They are not Hong Kong based, though one of the distributors is there. GcMAFplus has been available in Europe to doctors for years. It is also distributed from several countries including the US.

Interesting, because I ordered from their website, and it came from Hong Kong.