• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where to find SUOX on 23andme?

Ema

Hello -
Does anyone know where to find the SUOX information on the 23andme raw data? What should I be looking for to know if I have this mutation?

Thanks,
Ema

merylg

Hi Ema,
23andMe and Yasko test different snps for SUOX. Yasko looks at SUOX snp (variation) S370S. 23andMe does not test this one.

http://www.holisticheal.com/media/downloads/guide-to-nutrigenomic-testing.pdf and here is a link to a sample "Methylation Pathway Analysis" http://www.holisticheal.com/media/downloads/john-doe-mpa-sample.pdf however, in the example given, the person has no mutation for SUOX.

To see the SUOX snps that 23andMe tests, go to Account (top right hand corner), select from drop down menu "Browse Raw Data", type SUOX in the box labelled "gene". Three snps come up in my case.

Ema

Thanks!

I see three snps too...any idea if this is good or bad?

I'm trying to determine whether or not a low sulfur diet might be beneficial and if I possibly have a molybdenum deficiency.

w8rNdhlTGzScWqTIUjR6hA_triad-right.gif
SUOX 56391486 rs705703 C or T CC
SUOX 56397916 i5000977 A or C AA
SUOX 56398711 i5000976 A or G
AA

Page 1 of 1
A​

merylg

Hi Ema,
I have same results as you on 23andMe for those SUOX. Not sure what it means, but I think they are probably the common results for those snps.
If you click on "Account" again, select "Settings" from drop-down list, then once in "Settings" select the tab "Example Profiles" you can tick the box so that in future you will see the "Mendel" family's results come up next to your own.

This does in some ways, help you see where you may have an unusual result....(not that the "Mendel" family, which IS a real couple re-named, might not have a few mutations of their own!!!)

I know I am sensitive to sulphite preservatives. I was thinking of trying an SOD supplement???
Not sure about supplementing Molybdenum. Dog Person (who used to write on some threads here) had some ideas on Molybdenum...see Hair Mineral Testing thread...eg http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/hair-mineral-testing.15099/#post-245353

I will try and look for some more posts where she referred to Molyb.

Aileen

Just received my 23andMe results. I have the same results as both of you for these 3 SUOX snps.

Hello, I have the same snps results as above. The strange is, that when I have brain fog, 1mg Molybdenum Picolinate is going to help with that. It takes 30 minutes to feel something is happening in my brain. Also my neck muscles are going to be free of pressure and spasm.

Thanks!

I see three snps too...any idea if this is good or bad?

I'm trying to determine whether or not a low sulfur diet might be beneficial and if I possibly have a molybdenum deficiency.

SUOX 56391486 rs705703 C or T CC
SUOX 56397916 i5000977 A or C AA
SUOX 56398711 i5000976 A or G
AA

Page 1 of 1
A​
These are the extremely common versions, and from the full files which I can see, only one ME patient out of 11 is heterozygous for a somewhat rare version at rs705703. 2 out of 15 controls also have it, so that's probably pretty normal.

However rs11171718 is very close by and 4 out of 11 ME patients have it, versus 0 out of 15 controls.

I actually have 4 snps in my dashboard related with suox.

The 4th not listed is:
Suox 56397941 i6028286 C or T CC

But I have the same variation as you for the 3 others...

taroki

I'm wondering about this too. May be treating CBS and SUOX soon after fixing the gut. I see that I have CBS A360A +/- which is definitely expressing due to my increased sulphur/sulphite sensitivity ... but not sure if I need to pay for Yasko's test (around $500!) to see if I have SUOX as well? Or does it matter and both are treated the same way?

I'm so very new to this. I'm seeing a dr now for all of this, but curious as to what these mean.. She seemed pretty concerned about the cbs.

CBS A13637G rs2851391 T TT +/+

CBS A360A rs1801181 A GG -/-

CBS C19150T rs4920037 A AG +/-

CBS C699T rs234706 A AG +/-

and my suox from 23andme...

GenePositionSNPVersionsGenotypes
tDUzbsKxhbx38E4erKnZ5A_triad-right.gif
SUOX56391486rs705703C or T CC

SUOX56397916i5000977A or C AA

SUOX56397941i6028286C or T CC

SUOX56398711i5000976A or G AA

So is my suox ok?

Came here for this, have the same SUOX as y'all. The Heartfixer site also mentioned NOS D298E and ACE which didn't show up when I Genetic Genie'd my 23&Me data. Anyone else have anything for that. I could find nothing in the data for NOS and LOTS (too many) for ACE, I don't know which one I am looking for.

NOS D298E: If you can make and maintain Nitric Oxide then you will not develop cardiovascular disease

ACE (+) individuals are at increased risk for hypertension and cardiovascular disease. If you are ACE (+) and have problems with BP or fluid control, we will have a low threshold for intervening pharmacologically with ACEI and Spironolactone. Dr. Yasko recommends the use of Kidney Support RNA, OraKidney, and OraAdrenal in kids with ACE problems. ACE may be associated with increased anxiety; here she recommends use of the Stress and Anxiety Support RNA product.