• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where should i go from here

Aerose91

I decided to give methylation one more whack since nothing has ever worked. I used to have really bad hyper reactions to mb12 but since revisiting it I'm doing fine with mb12

The only difference now is i have been treating a gut infection of prevotella with high dose bile and my derealization/depersonalization doesn't flare as badly when i eat. I know the biproduct of prevotella is hydrogen sulfide so im not sure if that is detoxed through the methylation pathway or not.

Anyway, im now at 15 mg mb12 taken sublingualy every day with no issues. Where should i go from here? Time to start taking mfolate? I've taken high doses of it in the past with no effect so i feel i don't need to start too slowly.

I did a methylation profile a while back and it came back pretty normal. Im not sure how much emphasis you guys put on this? I can also take obscene doses of ALA and SAMe with no effect.

Thanks for any advice here.
20180922_142218.png

robinhood12345

test results are fine. there are a billion other metabolic pathways in the body other than methylation. choline is the main essential nutrient for methylation which is high in eggs, and liver. yeast contains most of the b vitamins.

taniaaust1

I personally would not be working on this area if you have things coming back normal, you could end up impacting your body in a negative way by taking things you do not need. In my case I do work on my methylation system as I know mine isnt normal due to double copy of MTHFR mutation of the worst type (which then gives me higher homocysteine) and I get severe negative responses to drugs which further affect methylation negatively eg I cant take statin drugs at all along with many others with has negative affects on methylation.

Last edited:

Aerose91

I also have homozygous MTHFR mutations and a bunch of others, MTRR, COMT, VDR, MAO etc... I have a really bad collection of snp's but as you can see my methylation status looks ok. Im so sick of this disease

robinhood12345

https://blog.23andme.com/health-traits/our-take-on-the-mthfr-gene/

The methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene, more commonly known as MTHFR, is the most asked-about gene by 23andMe customers.
MTHFR-image_blog@1x1-297x300.jpg

Some websites and products have made bold claims that common genetic variants in MTHFR can cause a wide array of health conditions, ranging from blood clots and cancer to autism and migraines. So we decided to dig deeper into the published scientific literature to evaluate the evidence.

Our conclusion?

Despite lots of research – and lots of buzz – the existing scientific data doesn’t support the vast majority of claims that common MTHFR variants impact human health.

Last edited by a moderator: