• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What supplements absorb excessive methyl groups?

I can't recall which supplements absorb/nullify excessive methyl groups when your over methylating. I think hydroxocobalamin is one. Anyone else remember?

Carl

It's not Hydroxocobalamin or folate because they will tend to increase methylation.
Niacin and Niacinamide is what you are looking for. Niacin will cause skin flushing whereas Niacinamide will not.

I got very good results with 250mg Inositol Hexanicotinate capsules but they are more expensive than Niacinamide which I mainly use. They tend to eliminate the tongue coating making it a more smooth reddish colour.

Start low and don't overdo it. because you might not need any more than 200mg, I certainly don't if I overdo B12/Folate and TMG.

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Niacin and,/or glycine, I believe. I also think Chris Masterjohn has some YouTube videos on this.

Edit: iirc he seems to prefer glycine.

Back