• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is the b12 process like?

fishboy9320

When you get it injected and you are deficient. I didn't feel a boost of energy but I do feel like I can work longer but it's not like an electric super power feeling the moment I injected it as some people describe. For me it's been about a day and I'm not sure if I have gotten used to the b12 but I don't feel like I feel it anymore as much. I took 1mg. When do I feel like a new person? The initial effects were already not so obvious. I know it's early but at what week do you feel like a constant boost in energy that's there at all times? how was it for you?

Shanti1

Administrator
I have never had a boost with B12 (injection or oral) as some people report, but I did have an interesting experience.

I had developed a hemifacial twitch for about 6 months that pulled the left side of my mouth toward my ear. I was exploring surgery due to possible nerve entrapment resulting in nerve inflammation. I was using multiple supplements to try to address it (magnesium, omega 3, PEA and others) including 1mg of methylcobalamin. I decided to switch to a combo-product of methyl and adenosylcobalamin (5mg) and the day I received it, I took 5 of the 5mg tablets. The facial spasm was reduced by about 60%. Later in the day in took an additional 5 tablets and the spasm/twitch disappeared and has never returned.

I do not know if this was due to needing both forms of the B12 or taking the higher dose (I continue to take 5mg combo every other day). I did not have any change in energy, cognition, homocysteine, or MCV as a result of higher B12 dosing. Unfortunately, I did not test my serum B12 or MMA prior to the higher dose, but they are both in range now.