• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is best antibiotic(s) for E Coli in nose?

Hello,

I have very stubborn ESBL producing E Coli in nose. Had several courses of antibiotics according to bacteria culture test sensitivity table. E Coli went away for, aprox, one week after the treatment and then came back. I believe it causes a lot of CFS issues. Please tell if there are any advanced schemes on treatment of such type of bacteria.

Table shows sensitivity to carbapenems, co-trimoxasole, nitrofurantoin... . Was using carbapenems for treatment, but it helped only temporarily.

Markus83

Can you show all antibiotics that were tested? Do you have symptoms caused by the bug or is it just there?

Normally, therapy of chronic infections do take a longer time because of persister bacteria and even biofilms. For example in chronic prostatitis you say at least 4-6 weeks of antibiotics and even this often doesn't eradicate the bug.

When it comes to the nose or upper respiratory tract, I think inhaling with essential oils would also be a good try.