• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What has improved your quality of life?

ChookityPop

I'm curious to know what has improved your quality of life. Big or small, from supplements, gadgets, treatments, diet, fasting, meditation, mindfullness, IV drips, massages, peptides, cold showers and so on.

-Compression (full body)
-Summer/laying in the sun
-Prism glasses
-TRT
-Increased salt intake
-Diet (lamb, beef, wild game, organs, and some fruits, berries and honey comb)
-Bpc157
-Sex
-Magnesium
-Hoodies with a thick hood helps stave off neck stiffness and pain.
-Ergonomic pillow
-Foam roller, acupuncture mat, massage pistol, hyperice hypersphere mini, Pso spine

These are the first things I came to think about and I might have forgotten something obvious. The list starts off with the most impactful stuff.

I would love to know what your tips and tricks are!?

Last edited:

JAH

Noise Cancelling headphones, an expensive purchase, but I couldn’t live without them (they are on my head now! Not listening to anything). My tolerance for noise and light is poor, so I have many eye pillows and masks, but the headphones are so critical. They’ve changed how I live my life.

I am grateful to the hipsters who have brought back the beanie. I wear them all the time, they do double duty - keeping my head warm, and pulling down the brim over my eyes as an eye shade.

also would not live without my heated mattress pad. I live in my bed, so I love the cozy heat, got my headphones and beanie on, and can be protected from the world, when I need to be.

Last edited:

Crux

Copper glycinate turned my life for the better. It didn't completely cure but made me more functional. It's strongly antimicrobial. I can still get viral infections but not oral infections. Joints are better, back is better.

Calcium chelate is close behind.

Lactoferrin is helping with viral infections. Only started in earnest a month ago, will see.

They have made it more easy to move and think.

Wishful

Cumin, T2, LDN. I don't need them anymore, but they absolutely made a big difference. Carnitine allowed me to eat meat again, but after a few months, I didn't need that supplement anymore. There were a few other things that reduced symptoms, but only temporarily, so they don't qualify as improving quality of life.

ChookityPop

Copper glycinate turned my life for the better. It didn't completely cure but made me more functional. It's strongly antimicrobial. I can still get viral infections but not oral infections. Joints are better, back is better.

Calcium chelate is close behind.

Lactoferrin is helping with viral infections. Only started in earnest a month ago, will see.

They have made it more easy to move and think.

Interesting! So even though your ceruloplasmin and serum copper was normal you found great benefits? Do you have connective tissue issues? I have to try this!

Woof!

I love my lucite dish holder (purchased at Bed, Bath & Beyond). Rather than use it to hold dishes for display, I put it on my bed tray to hold books up and open so my grumpy arms don't have to when I read in bed.

I love my radio alarm, too, because it wakes me gently and it keeps me company when I do my morning in-bed stretches. Not a huge fan of music, I enjoy listening to NPR.

And, of course, I love PR and the PR community! :) Lots of :hug:s to you all!

Crux

Interesting! So even though your ceruloplasmin and serum copper was normal you found great benefits? Do you have connective tissue issues? I have to try this!

I didn't get the copper and ceruloplasmin tested until I had been taking copper for over a month. They were in the low normal range then. Next test they both came up, but the ceruloplasmin was still low normal.
Sometime later, I started the clo. may have been some years.

My joints were stiff, sore and popping. My jaw would pop out. I couldn't bend to my knees without leaning on something. Could barely descend stairs. Lower back would swell with knots in places.

I wasn't hypermobile, was opposite, but I think I had a bunch of calcium/phosphate in the joints.

I take 2.5 mg. copper glycinate daily, but other people may not need that much.

JES

-Continued use of LDN
-Low-dose SSRI for POTS (aggravates my chronic hypoglycemia and fatigue at normal dose, but somehow helps autonomous nervous system issues at minimal dosage)
-Experimenting with different sleeping rhythms, mainly feeling better when constantly delaying sleep a bit
-Trying to raise temperature indoors. The summer heat brought a couple of weeks with much less symptoms, but unfortunately difficult to replicate in winter.
-Various dietary interventions, mainly low carb and avoiding complex carbs
-Some more supplement trials to correct deficiencies noted in lab tests (curiously also measured for copper deficiency)
-Experimenting with antimicrobials to reduce gut dysbiosis