• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What has helped you with sleep/insomnia - post links

Wishful

One more point about oils blcoking those awakenings: they stop working (at least for me) if the same oil is taken each day. Alternating allows them to work. I usually alternate between canola and sunflower or safflower. I think beef fat and Evening Primrose oil worked on successive nights, at least initially, but gradually lost effectiveness. The first time I tried beef fat (after avoiding meat for months), I think I slept a full 6 or more hours. Last night I managed 3 hrs, skipping just one of those awakenings.

There seems to be a time delay. A meal of fatty beef in the afternoon might skip the first few awakenings, while having it just before bed might skip later ones.

Back