• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What has helped you with sleep/insomnia - post links

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
This stuff (2 capsules every evening, an hour before bed) - helps me sleep better than anything I've ever tried.
I think they moved the webpage. Was it their sleep formula you were linking? And are you able to get a full 8 hours or more? I take something that helps but I wake after 4-6 hours and can't go back to sleep for hours again.

Wayne

I have bad sinus and it's always worse at bedtime.
My sinuses always bothered me the most at night until I started sleeping with my head elevated.

Hi @lenora, @perchance dreamer -- I once read a testimonial (partially pasted below) about a man using citronella oil to clear out his sinuses. The man who used it had the good fortune of having his tinnitus stop from inhaling its vapors. Thought I'd go ahead and paste it here in case either of you had an interest. I tried it myself a couple of days ago, and it's quite an interesting experience!

"I folded a handkerchief into a 1 and a half inches width and poured a few drops of Citronella Essential Oil on it. I laid down on my bed and placed the handkerchief over my nose in contact with the oil. I breathed in and out through the handkerchief for half an hour. I felt the sting of the Citronella fumes in my sinuses, so I controlled my inhaling to prevent too much pain. But other than that there was no harm experienced by me by inhaling this oil.​
Anyway, after half hour of such inhalation, I experienced a discharge of watery mucus from my nostrils like having a cold. I sensed something good about it. I cleared my nose. After that my tinnitus of 2 years was gone for good! Imagine after despairing for so long and searching here and there on the Internet for a cure, I bumped into one myself. And this happened like 10 months ago and the tinnitus has never returned. I am completely cured.​

lenora

Hi @Wayne.....thanks for looking out for us, but I can feel my stomach churning at just reading the word "citronella." That's the one scent I really can't tolerate.

Do you believe that his tinnitus disappeared after one treatment? I find that one a bit hard to swallow. I don't know why some scents can really bother us and others are quite pleasant....but citronella has always been a horrid scent to me. And the mosquitoes......we have mosquito screens, but one or two of the pest often get in. I'd rather listen to them being fried (horrible human being, and I hate to admit that anywhere), but it's true.

OK, I'd try Vick's or any other camphor related product.....so if you see something using them, please let us know. Perhaps the majority of people don't mind the scent of citronella, it could be just me. A show of hands, please. Thanks again, you tried. Yours, Lenora

Mary

Moderator Resource
I've been sleeping pretty well for 5 or 6 weeks now (!) Hard for me to believe, but I don't take it for granted. Here's what I'm doing right now that apparently is working:

(1) cut out calcium supplement

(2) Resona Vibe device - used several times during the day. I've been using the immune support, sleep and lowest earthing frequencies. If you just google Resona Vibe, you'll find their website and the device costs $399 there. However, if you google "PEMF device", it shows up with a special price of $249 (which is what I paid). They seem to have this special all the time but if you don't know to look for it, you'll pay full price.

(3) Doing the pose in this thread (I don't seem to be getting hyperthyroid from it this go-round). I'm careful not to do the pose after 3:30 or 4:00, others have reported it can cause insomnia when done late in the day.

(4) Avoid MSG in any of its iterations at dinner (https://www.truthinlabeling.org/names.html

(5) CBD/THC gummies

I also take my usual stack at bedtime: magnesium (plus magnesium during the day), niacin (500 mg), inositol (lots), l-theanine, melatonin, potassium (because I'm prone to leg cramps at night), 5-htp, gotu kola. Once in awhile I'll try a new herb but this combo works pretty well, as long as I do everything else. I also will take Seriphos as needed - it helps normalize cortisol levels and sometimes mine is high middle of the night, causing insomnia, but i take the Seriphos in the morning. The only way I know to find the correct dose is to start with one or 2 and titrate up as needed. I do seem to tolerate it better than many people I have recommended it to.

And about calcium - it's tricky. At one time I had insomnia because I needed more calcium, but for right now at least I need less. Hair analysis can be helpful with determining this, (though I can't get it done every time I have a question!)