• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What does TMG do in methylation? Making my inflammatory muscle pain better

Sophiedw

TMG makes my inflammatory muscle pain go away. Does anybody know what it does in the methylation cycle?

Vitamin E and selenium made it much better for a time and now make it worse. So presumably they created too much of a by product - homocysteine? And now the tmg is clearing it? My knowledge of methylation is not amazing. Are there any posters who know more or who could link me to some good explanations either on his forum or elsewhere.

Thanks

junkcrap50

Very interesting. Ever since trying a methylation protocol, I have had inflammatory muscle aches and lactic acid burning in my muscles. I've been trying forever to try and find a solution. Perhaps I should some betaine. Maybe I need a small amount of methylation or at least reduce homocysteine.

Sophiedw

Very interesting. Ever since trying a methylation protocol, I have had inflammatory muscle aches and lactic acid burning in my muscles. I've been trying forever to try and find a solution. Perhaps I should some betaine. Maybe I need a small amount of methylation or at least reduce homocysteine.

Hey junkcrap (haha) copper and selenium have also at times made inflammation and muscle pain go down. Balancing act!