• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What does this mean?

Hi,
I'm new here. I just used the sulfate testing strips for the first time. I followed package directions. The strip indicated that my sulfate levels were at or below 200. How can this be? I have been avoiding eggs, brassica vegs (cabbage etc.), garlic, onions asparagus for about a week. Would my CBS +/- and BHMT +/- and MTHFR +/- not be expressing as much as I thought?

I can't afford a lot of lab tests. I will have to figure out how to heal based on what my body symptoms indicate---and affordable things like the sulfate test strips.

UM MAN

I would not expect hetero BHMT or CBS mutations to have a big affect. MTHFR hetero, may require a RDA dose of METAFOLIN. Sulfur allergies are not necessarily a CBS problem.