• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What do you do when you crash?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Jackie! You are so sweet! :):p:):p:D:D:D

What a thrill it is for my hermit artist to get input from REAL HUMANS. Amazing!

ETA: FYI afterthought, I paint with acrylics on drawing paper. I can't afford canvas, for how much I paint.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Here's an older painting that I can relate to these days.

GO AHEAD, PRETEND TO BE HAPPY

Attachments

• Go Ahead Pretend To Be Happy .jpg
    Go Ahead Pretend To Be Happy .jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 29

jackie

ANOTHER good one, Dreambirdie! This one makes me think of a sad Clown....like a Tragi-comedic Pagliacchi's.

And (because I always "hear" music when I look at a painting) I hear Charlie Chaplin's "Smile".

So, for me...a brave, little sad Clown...complete with a blue Beret, a Ruffled collar and a Clown mouth!

Thank you for sharing yourself....I'm really enjoying this!

jackie:)

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Your welcome, Jackie. I'm glad you are enjoying them.

I painted that painting not long after my father's death, back in 2007. I felt like smiling had become a strange fake-out at that point, and I didn't do a good job pretending.