• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What about ME?- documentary

I contacted Susan Douglas to seek the permission to subtitle trailers. However, they have no scipt. I wanted to be a demand here, if such is available.

thanks tammie

*GG*

Perhaps you should put a link to what you are referring to? This would make it easier to potentiall help you.

Dolphin

I contacted Susan Douglas to seek the permission to subtitle trailers. However, they have no scipt. I wanted to be a demand here, if such is available.

thanks tammie
Also, I think a lot of English-language TV stations like a transcipt as they have subtitles for people with hearing problems.

Tammie

I was interviewed via telephone for this movie......& I fall into the 25% grp at this point (for those who were concerned about them including the severely ill in this, they are definitely trying to represent the different levels of functioning people have and the daily fluctuations, too)

the interview was very thorough and the person I talked to knows a lot, is very passionate about the subject, and is also very compassionate

aside from what it's like being sick (physically, cognitively, financially, socially, etc, etc, and how much life has changed, we also talked about the effects of not looking sick, the disbelief, the way many docs act towards us, the way the CDC and NICE have hurt us, etc etc.....and I brought up Dr Myhill's awful situation and how much her website has helped me....discussed how I try to hang onto hope, and a few other things, too - I am not remembering all of it, bc it was quite long and my memory stinks)

I was really excited about this before being interviewed, but now I am even more so......I really believe that they are going to do a great job with this

Andrew

The clips combined with that music is excellent. The mood it set was downright scary. I hope they are able to carry this into a movie. We need something that pulls the emotions. I hope this doesn't end up being a dry documentary.

Hi all,

Hope you are well.

Many thanks for your interest in the film and your suggestions. We take all of your inquiries seriously and hope to use them to improve and expand our film.
At the moment we are still in the development stage of the film as we are sorting out funding. We have some very exciting news about the film to be confirmed soon including ways of donating, so please keep looking out on our Facebook page and official site for these updates.

Most importantly please do help to spread the word of the film to everybody you know. The more people who know about our cause the better to inform people around the world, including most notably the medical profession, of this illness.

Also, please tell us what you would like to see in the film on our Facebook page. All suggestions are welcome.

All the best to you,

Susan Douglas
WHAT ABOUT ME? team
doubledmedocs@googlemail.com
0203 214 0091

justinreilly

In the trailer Dr. Mikovits says that XMRV causes neuro-immune disease and cancer. That's going beyond the evidence and WPI claims that they never said that. Is there a discussion about this here or somewhere else? does she know something we don't, quoted out of context or just said something she shouldn't have?