• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What about ME?- documentary

Nina

Absolutely fantastic. This is what we really need!

Kim, I share your concern, they should include some very ill patients, but I'm quite sure they will. In fact, I heard that they have contacted some of these patients already.

Malcolm Hooper fanclub -> count me in!!

Tammie

I can't get the video to work, but from what I have read so far, this sounds awesome!! I have not seen mention of Hillary Johnson at all, though I would be really surprised if they left her out of this.

blackbird

caged.
Between these two links, I find that just about anything video related can be played.

Media Player Classic

Codec Pack

This is for Windows machines, and you may not need the codec pack, but I've always installed them as a pair, and can't remember the last time I couldn't get a video to play. Well, apart from the HD files from my own camera. Typical.

creekfeet

Sockfeet
I'm going to have to see if I can squeeze this thing through my tiny dialup intertubes, and if not I'll have to travel to the land of wireless and watch it. The enthusiasm in this thread, alone, has got me excited for the documentary.

leelaplay

Cannes, Oscar, Vancouver, Toronto & SunDance Film Fest winner? And a chance to have my name up on the credits!

The 'Get Involved' button shows this:

This is the big chance to make a difference, on helping WHAT ABOUT ME? get made. Making it through production into release, and distribution. We will shortly have all details here, how you can get involved and help the film, become a shareholder, and your chance to be named as an associate film producer!

USEFUL LINKS:

www.digitaldocumentaries.co.uk

velo-gubbed-legs@blogspot.com

www.investinme.org

Tammie

they posted something about it on facebook and I was able to watch it that way - wow! looks quite impressive....I really hope that this gets shown in the US, too and a lot of places and with good publicicty

justinreilly

I got a reply to the email I sent the producers about setting up a patient and friends fund for people to make contributions to finance the film that would share pro rata in revenues on the same basis as other investors. This money would then be donated to ME non-profits. They are working on the idea!

Dear Justin

thank you for your contact. Indeed we are looking at this funding possibility that you have suggested, This has to be pretty watertight, so it will take a while to get onto the site for payment purposes, and the legalities, will have to verified by our lawyer, but we will get to the point where we can work with the sufferers who want to contribute.

We want to get this to a wide an audience as possible, and we intend to bring it to such attention that it cannot be ignored anymore. So keep in contact

All the best

Susan

With kind regards
Susan Douglas
susan@digitaldocumentaries.co.uk

Producer
Double D Productions
1st Floor
57 Poland St
London W1F 7NW
Ph : 44 (0) 203 214 0091
M: 44 (0) 7792459362

sproggle

Jan
I got a reply to the email I sent the producers about setting up a patient and friends fund for people to make contributions to finance the film that would share pro rata in revenues on the same basis as other investors. This money would then be donated to ME non-profits. They are working on the idea!

Nice one, what a great idea!! Fantastic that they're going for it too :victory: keep hearing good news at the moment it's kinda unnerving :tear: Hopefully it will last long enough for me to get use to it :D

Jan xx

justinreilly

Nice one, what a great idea!! Fantastic that they're going for it too :victory: keep hearing good news at the moment it's kinda unnerving :tear: Hopefully it will last long enough for me to get use to it :D

Jan xx

Ha, ha! It certainly is a nice change of pace!

Bob

I've only just come across this thread...
and I've just watched the promotional video on the website...

http://www.whataboutme.biz/index.html

I'm really impressed with it... It looks like this is going to be a really professional, top-quality, hard-hitting film, which hopefully will change a few opinions out there, and if we're lucky, shake up the establishment a bit.

Dear Justin

thank you for your contact. Indeed we are looking at this funding possibility that you have suggested, This has to be pretty watertight, so it will take a while to get onto the site for payment purposes, and the legalities, will have to verified by our lawyer, but we will get to the point where we can work with the sufferers who want to contribute.

We want to get this to a wide an audience as possible, and we intend to bring it to such attention that it cannot be ignored anymore. So keep in contact

All the best

Susan

With kind regards
Susan Douglas
susan@digitaldocumentaries.co.uk

Producer
Double D Productions
1st Floor
57 Poland St
London W1F 7NW
Ph : 44 (0) 203 214 0091
M: 44 (0) 7792459362

Wonderful idea Justin and what a coup it would be if they could do it. Thanks for taking the time to write them and inquire! :Sign Good Job:

I believe Andrea Whittemore (WPI) had an interview with them Friday of this week, hope it went well.

leelaplay

What About Me? documentary in the making update page

Monday, 3 May 2010

The ash subsided enough to let me back into the UK

After a great week or so in LA with lots of talks on funding, and attending the Britweek conference, it was time to return to the UK. Hit the ground running when the hearing of Dr Sarah Myhill came up at the General Medical Council. For those of you who have not heard of this do go to her site www.drmyhill.co.uk. She is a very popular doctor who has helped hundreds of ME/CFS sufferers.They demonstrated for her in their wheelchairs and breathing tubes, do check out the news feeds and www.theoneclickgroup.com. We have it all on film, and it will be inserted here on the site, when we recut the new trailer. There is lots of great interviews from Nevada, which you will also be seeing.

More later.
Posted by Double D Productions at 09:53

girlinthesnow

Thanks for reminding me to favourite Double D's website shrewsbury. Fab that they got all the drama on film, something good from something bad.

jace

Off the fence
Thanks for that, Shrewsbury, I'd forgotten about the clip, and it is actually a useful one to pass on to family and friends. Don't you just love Hooper. Thank heaven for all the people working for us. I sincerely hope this documentary gets the funding to be made and the airtime to be seen by millions.

Frank

WHAT ABOUT ME? MOVIE, Send in your picture and questionnaire

This was published by them on facebook
WHAT ABOUT ME? Cutting the teaser trailer with the footage from the US. Would you like to send a small photo if you're a ME sufferer? We have a great idea for them to be used in the footage of the documentary.

http://www.whataboutme.biz/

Frank

Thanks for the before and after photos Sandra. If everybody could do the same and send us a photo of yourself before being diagnosed, and a photo after that would be very helpful. Many thanks again

Tammie

I sent in a photo, but I do not look sick ( as many of us don't), so I also said in my email that I think the before and after idea might not be the best, bc too many of us do not look sick and that is such a big issue with the people who don't believe us......I really hope that they just show pics in general and don't do the before after thing - it really could reinforce the idea that if we don't look sick, we aren't

Frank

from their blogspot:
Questionnaire on the documentary
Hello, all. We have put together a questionnaire on the documentary. We would love to have your input, so if you would like to download the questionnaire, fill it in and send it back to doubledmedocs@googlemail.com we would appreciate it!

click here to download the questionnaire

Hope everyone is doing well!