• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weed-killing chemical linked to cancer found in some children's breakfast foods

boolybooly

It would not make sense, if you think about it carefully nothing constructive could come of it as it would not mean I could eat the products I wanted to eat. Where I wanted to test organic product I have done so by eating it but I dont feel confident much organic product is truely organic. Manufacturers of soy foods I liked all use soy I cant tolerate any more e.g. tempeh, tofu, textured protein.

Even if I knew these contained glyphosate I cannot prove it causes my symptoms so it doesnt help anyone else either. I would just waste £185 a test to work out I couldnt eat a thing I already know I cant eat. Not so helpful.

If unadulterated organic soy farmed without glyphosate did not cause symptoms it might mean I could find a niche supply of organic beans somewhere, which I dont find appetising. There are other things I would rather eat even if I could find these (my doc has me on a keto diet anyway right now - soy is too much carb) and if they were really organic (since the EWB findings show a third of "organic" oat product was not organic) and if they didnt cause symptoms. So it isnt worth £185 a test to me to work out I can eat beans which I wouldnt want to eat anyway even if I could eat them, either. If I want to test a product I eat it and stopped trying a while ago due to lack of success even with organic products.

After 32 years of ME CFIDS I have learned to live by the philosophy of wu wei.

This is the time I have been waiting for, I hope the EWG will test soy products and find out the truth, then I hope a movement of public consciousness will persuade manufacturers to make product without glyphosate in it and then I will try it to see if I can eat that. And no I am not going to make my own tempeh. :p

Last edited: