• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

We need a video like this!

Nielk

Someone just sent me the video below: (not for endorsement purposes)

http://ajws.org/

It's amazingly successful because:

1- it's funny
2- a lot of famous people
3- easy to comprehend
4- universal for everyone
5- same message repeated
6- it's funny
7- you won't just watch it and forget about it. it leaves you thinking you want
to join in and do something.

CAN WE DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS???????????????

Nielk

I guess no one thought this was a good idea:

A video that doesn't sound pathetic and somber which people hate to watch.

A video that delivers punches after punches of poignant information while being funny, sarcastic.

Think outside the box.

I know everyone here wants the world to know what a serious illness this is and show them how sick we are.

Just combating the limp name we have for our disease is a major hurdle.

Yet people are bombarded by videos that are similar with similar calls for help.
People just don't want to get involved unless it effect them or their family.

I thought that putting on (I personally have no idea how to do this) an entertaining
video that captures the average person out there would bring attention to our plight.

I have no idea how they got these famous comics to do this.

It's just a different idea.

Nelk
so that they will be moved to affect change.

IntuneJune

I agree with you, enjoyable video. I believe there is plenty of room for differernt types of promotion to get our word out.

Certainly much sarcasm could be demonstrated....just in the name, CFS, alone.

Putting famous faces working towards our cause would raise awareness.

There must be creative folks who could pull something like this off, but it would be such a challenge.

June

Nielk

I agree with you, enjoyable video. I believe there is plenty of room for differernt types of promotion to get our word out.

Certainly much sarcasm could be demonstrated....just in the name, CFS, alone.

Putting famous faces working towards our cause would raise awareness.

There must be creative folks who could pull something like this off, but it would be such a challenge.

June

We have so many talented people on this forum!

Where are you??????????????????????:confused:

leela

Patrick Stewart says a rude word! :eek: Captain Picard never did that!

Well, he did occasionally say "Merde!"

Great video! It would be wonderful if some ME/CFS organization could get lots of famous funny people to tell the world about the illness. I loved the irreverence, so antithetical to the usual somber people-are-in-plight approach. I think the point is you need lots of dough and clout in the first place to attract such an appealing crew of actors.

dipic

Excellent concept, and I agree, such a great approach not often thought of. That said, we also don't have ten thousand uber famous celebrities to appear in any of our videos either. :worried: The concept alone is worth replicating but naturally it won't have quite the same effect as it would with all those well known celebs.

Nielk

Excellent concept, and I agree, such a great approach not often thought of. That said, we also don't have ten thousand uber famous celebrities to appear in any of our videos either. :worried: The concept alone is worth replicating but naturally it won't have quite the same effect as it would with all those well known celebs.

I don't think these celebs got paid to this. If it's a cause they believe in a lot of them are willing to help out.

What we need is someone with clout in the Hollywood scene.
Someone who knows or has relationship with one celeb and they can bring on the others on board.

Any suggestions?????????

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I don't think these celebs got paid to this. If it's a cause they believe in a lot of them are willing to help out.

What we need is someone with clout in the Hollywood scene.
Someone who knows or has relationship with one celeb and they can bring on the others on board.

Any suggestions?????????

Seabiscuit lady?

citybug

There was a list with famous people with lyme including Richard Gere recently. Think that list would be best place to start. from conference blogs?
and with autism people.