• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

vote in 2012 Citgo Fueling Good contest

Merry

Lori Chapo Kroger reported on Facebook hat Western Michigan Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group moved to fourth place. I think this was yesterday (if Facebook posts are dated, please, someone, point out to me where that information is).

The number of votes for the organization is presently at 497. Please vote today.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
There are now 752 votes.

My captchas have been getting better the last few nights. Not so tonight. The first two captchas I got contained symbols that are not on my keyboard. The third was difficult to read, but I attempted it and got it wrong. The fourth contained a diacritical mark that is not used in English. The fifth was finally clearly readable.

Merry

What is CFS Solutions’ current standing? I see that the CFS Knowledge Center in Florida is also in the contest. If we plan our voting right, maybe we can get both groups in the money.

Hi, Bluestem. I don't see that enough people are participating to support another ME/CFS organization. If CFS Knowledge Center can rouse a new group of voters, great.

Because the contest does not have a leaderboard, keeping track of standing is difficult. Lori Chapo Kroger reports that it takes several hours for her get the numbers on competitors of Western Michigan Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group. Yesterday she said on Facebook that Western Michigan was in third place in the central region by 14 votes. The leader, Harrison Shuttle, had 1000 votes. She plans to spend the time again checking all competitors in the central region sometime next week.

769 for Western Michigan Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group at the moment.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
As some of you already know, I refuse to join Facebook to vote for ME/CFS groups in contests there because of the invasiveness of Facebook. On the other hand, this Citgo contest is about the most non-invasive that I have seen. You do not have to join anything, all you have to do is give them an email address and choose whether you want to receive email about the contest. Since they have your email address, they could send you email about other things in the future. The email address is used to try to limit each person to one vote per day.

The two ME/CFS groups that I am aware of have received 115 votes since about this time yesterday. Not all of those votes came from this group. I don’t know how many people read this board daily , but I bet it is more that 100 (not counting the guest since I doubt that they read the fundraising forum). The contest ends November 28. I hope that I see the votes for these groups increasing. See the two threads in this forum for details about the groups competing.

Merry

Thanks for your participation, Little Bluestem.

887 votes for Western Michigan Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group (CFS Solutions) at the moment.