• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

vote in 2012 Citgo Fueling Good contest

Aileen

voted. and bookmarked the link to my toolbar for handy daily voting. Why does the contest have to be so long though? seriously! :(

Merry

From Western Michigan Chronic Fatigue Support Group (CFS Solutions) contest profile:

"How Citgo Gift Cards Could Benefit Us:
Many people we serve can no longer work because of illness so Citgo fueling cards would also be given to CFS patients. This would help them afford to get to the doctors. Volunteers could deliver meals. It would also help people who are newly diagnosed attend those ever important education classes."

alice

From Western Michigan Chronic Fatigue Support Group (CFS Solutions) contest profile:

Many people we serve can no longer work because of illness so Citgo fueling cards would also be given to CFS patients. This would help them afford to get to the doctors. Volunteers could deliver meals. It would also help people who are newly diagnosed attend those ever important education classes."
I'd be very glad to vote and started doing so, but there were no two word verifications that showed up for me to type in into the box (what Specialk82 called "captcha"). What does one have to do to get the words to show up?

Merry

I'd be very glad to vote and started doing so, but there were no two word verifications that showed up for me to type in into the box (what Specialk82 called "captcha"). What does one have to do to get the words to show up?

Hi, Alice. Sorry about the trouble you've had. When you click on "click here to vote for this charity," a box should pop up asking for your email. Under the line for the email are choices about what information you want about Fueling Good. Under that are the captcha words for you to type in. Does this help? If not, perhaps you can give more details about the problem you are having and someone else can offer suggestions. I won't be back at PR until morning. Good luck.

Merry

Who gets the card(s)? I could use that, I spend at least $60/week on fuel!

GG

Hi, GG.

Merry

Is there a leaderboard somewhere on the site?

I looked for one but couldn't find it. I began randomly clicking on the profiles of other organizations and many had zero votes, others less than ten. Would be really time-consuming to click on all the competitors for Western Michigan Chronic Fatigue Support Group.

Seventeen states with four regions? And four winners chosen per region? I'd better look at the rules again. Or if someone knows, jump right in here.

Edit: Twenty-seven states, plus the District of Columbia.

From the Fueling Good contest rules under the topic "Judging": Following the Voting Period, the top Submissions as determined by votes, will be judged by a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the four (4) entrants with the highest scoring Submissions per region (Central Region: Arkansas, Indiana, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, Wisconsin. Northeast Region: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia. Southern Region: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee) (the "Winners"), based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): Total Number of Votes Received (25%); Benefit to People (25%); Fit to Program Theme (25%); and Measurable Impact (25%).

Four rewards per region. The reward is $5000 in gift cards per winner.

Merry

The question of whether a leaderboard exists came up in the Facebook group, and Lori Chapo Kroger of Western Michigan Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group said that the Fueling Good Contest website doesn't have a leaderboard. She spent the morning going through all the charities in her region (Central), and her organization was at that time 51 points behind fourth place. Four charities in each region will win prizes. The top charity in the Central region as of this morning had 917 votes. Western Michigan Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group presently has 336.