• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin K (& K2?) overdose. Need help

pamojja

because their gut bacteria make it.

Well, also the microbiome can be tested. I don't have those vitamin K producing, nor the to vitamin K2 metabolising bacteria in my gut, according to my test. - You do?

Vitamin K deficiency is very easy to spot, you have increased bleeding (nosebleeds).

Clotting is only one function of vitamin K. Additiionally that function which is prioritized in deficiency due to imminent danger of death. All the other functions of vitamin K therby being put on a back-burner forever: cardiac, bone, kidney, cancer, diabetes, teeth and covid-19 health related functions - which can't be spoted that easily, but only after decades of still perfectly functioning clotting due to priorizing essential for immatiate survival of the body. (https://www.k-vitamins.com/index.php?page=COVID-19_and_Vitamin_K).

Most people do not need to supplement vitamin K

Most people from a certain age suffer from chronic diseases, where adequate K-vitamins would be part of the puzzle to prevent. (CVD, osteoperosis, CKD, T2D or covid; read the most extensive collection of science on the benefits of K-vitamins at above provided link)

if they are eating a healthy diet

I do and did eat a healthy diet. But still needed to supplement 16.000 IU vitamin A, 7.700 vitamin D per day to maintain healthy blood levels and experience remission from chronic diseases, thought by all my MDs non-reversible.

You still only argue with crude thesis, which showed completely non-applicable in my experience of fighting chronic diseases.

But you could convince me, if you provided me with your serum vitamin D and preformed A levels, none supplemented. And which non-reversible disease you reversed by this kind of non-action.

Last edited:

L'engle

moogle
Response to Kadar, from the page before.

It's definitely not a harmless things you can just take tons of without considering what else you might need.

MK-4 tends to be packaged in very high dose capsules. I open the capsule and take a small amount of the powder. It causes potassium and calcium need over the next night.

It's useful to see these again. Thanks @Kadar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kadar

@YippeeKi YOW !! So, vitamin D really helped with my symptoms. Thank you and @pamojja. Before an accident, with K2 and parsley I almost cured palpitations after 40.000 IU of vitamin A. Before K I had palpitations on all sulfur- containing supplements and had to take lots of copper to calm my hyper thyroid. I've read vitamin A depletes K and I think palpitations are connected with oxalates, and K2 is useful for them. (I'm on low oxalate diet for months already and it helps with palpitations but maybe only 50%)

Initially I started having palpitations after meal after starting methylfolate and first time I thought it's just because of potassium lack but they came intense over time so I think I have copper definiency (oxalates borrow copper). I wonder if folate induces vitamin K2 defiency. B1 makes palpitations worse, but I hope now with K2 I'll become tolerant to everything sulfur and other supps I was intolerant to. But it will take time to balance all the fat solubles (seems hard). Another thought is copper more stable with calcium ( I felt warmer with K) . I feel warm with D now but it doesn't help with not stopping palpitations I have now after consuming lots of liver (vitamin A) . Only copper helps