• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vit D -- good for brain, bad for body

pamojja

COVID has considerably skewed that equation, much to the relief of Drs and hospitals everywhere ....
Not really. Forced ventilation was known from the beginning probably preventing spreat, but almost always worse outcome for a patients, if not already needed. All the other prohibited medications, while allowing only one, known to cause kidney dammage..

actually i agree with this.
its just my body is so fckd up that even small things bring disturbance. and for me one isolated high dose amino acid can bring problems.

The biggest challange with us. I therefore always started with lowest possible doses of all nutrients, and increased gradually over weeks, months or years only. This way one can immetiately decrease the dose again, if neccesary to homeopathic crumbs, if anything doesn't feels right. Worked really well with me. The morning's toilet challenge I can really life with, in comparison. By the way:

Glycine is not recommended to take while suffering from diarrhea. It may worsen the condition and lead to poor rehydration [65].

That's why I don't take it in the mornings.

Though in this community a few seem the believe there can be remission within a moment, in my experience with other chronic 'non-reversible' conditions, like PAD and COPD, its always a feat maybe possible in years of persistence.

linusbert

Though in this community a few seem the believe there can be remission within a moment, in my experience with other chronic 'non-reversible' conditions, like PAD and COPD, its always a feat maybe possible in years of persistence.
its possible with mitochondrial diseases as well, its heteroplasmia i believe. when mitochondria at some point regenerate themselves because all bad ones died out.

linusbert

It's one of the Three Commandments of ME .... START LOW AND GO SLOW.... and I agree it's the only reasonable way to trial stuff ....
and how do you guys split up the dose?
i mean i got a B vitamin pill. i'd like to spread it out over a week. i open the capsule, i put a bit into something.. i get the mechanics.
but dont the vitamins turn bad after contact with air, moist and light?

YippeeKi YOW !!

but dont the vitamins turn bad after contact with air, moist and light?
I use mine faster than you'd use yours, but I always get anything that Im going to take in split doses in capsule form. I open the capsule, use whatever portion of it I want, close it up again, and return it to a cool dark place inside the container, sometimes inside the fridge .... usually inside a cabinet ....

Not sure how that would work over a week, I usually use a portion one day, the rest the next or at most, spread over three days.

But so far, so good ....

linusbert

my asthma and allergies improved massively the last few weeks. i dont know exactly what it was. and we are getting more and more pollen in the airs. my body doesnt even care that much. just minor symptoms.
could be either that my nursing home finally banned the freaking desinfectant which was lingering all the time in the air i was allergic to... or maybe the high dose vitamin D i was taking since oktober.
i also started colloidal copper, but in dose so low i doubt it makes a difference, its like 1-5% at max the daily RDA copper value.
or it could be that my vitamin D blood levels finally reached a significant enough blood value after 8 month. i started with 4ng/ml, after 6 month had still just 9ng/ml... idk what it is now but maybe enough for mast cell stabilisation.

i can now eat foods and take medications again i reacted strongly the last few month.

OOOOR it is the b-complex i didnt take which i had mainly under suspicious for aggrevating the allergy problem because after b complex days it got bad within hours for days.

pamojja

or maybe the high dose vitamin D.. OR it is the b-complex
We are all different. My seasonal rhinitis in spring usually wasn't at all affected through years of much higher vitamin D serum levels, or high B vitamins intake. Only mega-dose ascorbic acid aveliated my very bad rhinitis symptoms. Even though I took many botanicals along with, against allergic reactions.

Last year, dispite being very sunny throughout, was the season the strong rhinitis reactions ceased. Also this year, now explainable by the lasting rain this whole April, nothing again.

linusbert

We are all different. My seasonal rhinitis in spring usually wasn't at all affected through years of much higher vitamin D serum levels, or high B vitamins intake. Only mega-dose ascorbic acid aveliated my very bad rhinitis symptoms. Even though I took many botanicals along with, against allergic reactions.

Last year, dispite being very sunny throughout, was the season the strong rhinitis reactions ceased. Also this year, now explainable by the lasting rain this whole April, nothing again.
my allergy symptoms are much worse when its raining. a "healthy" friend has the same problem.

linusbert

Then at least you can be sure its not pollen causing allergy, they're temporarily washed down by rain.

PFAS in rain? Or increased indoor pollutants, maybe?
no its pollen for sure. my friend has same reaction.
gpt says its due to rain whirl up dust from the ground and smashing big particles into smaller.