• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VIP Dx MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT on Jun 1 !

Alexia

What a suspense they like to create!! it makes us so anxious! they could just announce things and that's it, but no they need to say in advance that there will be some news.. and the only thing we can do is speculating.

I thought they say stress affects the hormones and can activate XMRV..

Nina

Alexia, I totally agree. I'd really prefer to know when there is something to know! Not that I could keep myself from reading the speculations and rumours, I want to be prepared, but in the end we'll just have to deal with whatever is announced.

leaves

Yes I was thinking this too, it just ruins my days; anxious and worried. Wish they didn't do that.

Bob

*deep breaths, deep breaths* (I think we need that bad again today! who had it last?)

First of all, this has to be good news... WPI would not tease us before a bad news announcements... oh, and the WPI announcement has a smiley face next to it, so it's definitely good news.

Secondly, the WPI have been saying for months that they are working on the standardisation of a reliable anti-body test...
and seeing as this announcement is being made in conjunction with their testing laboratory, VIPdx, then I would imagine that this is what it is.

I think that this also gives more meat to the CDC announcement...
We know that Judy has been working in cooperation with the CDC, and I believe that the CDC have been involved in working towards a standardised blood test with the WPI.
So it would make sense if the CDC were about to announce that they have found XMRV, at least in the general population, and probably in the CFS population, and that there is now a standardised blood test available.

This would make sense to me anyway... I don't think i'm being overly-optimistic... and I believe that they would all want to work in collaboration to get these public announcements coordinated.

Nina

Bob, first of all: Please pass me that bag :)

I think we can safely assume that the VIPdx news is good news. But there is also the question of dimension. When "they" (I'm not blaming anyone specific here) leave that much room for speculation, of course a certain part of me hopes for something huge. As in, something that might actually affect my life and health, in a tangible way!

Last time the WPI announced big news and it turned out it was Dr. Donnica as their spokesperson. While I am a great fan of Dr. Donnica and agree she is a wonderful asset to the community, I had expected something far bigger.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is this: Giving us a heads up everytime something is announced it certainly well-intentioned but it bears a big risk of disappointment for many of us and, as Alexia pointed out, raises levels of anticipation and anxiety which can be quite harmful.

Bob

Hi Nina,

Yes, I see what you mean...
These announcements mean so much to us...
but it's only a day to wait... and we can get through this together if we support each other on this forum...

This is the way that the science world works, and most of us are experiencing the world of science (and scientific discovery) first-hand for the first time... it is a very slow process, and announcements can only be made when the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed (unless you are a psychologist and publish your research in a low-grade journal, in which case the usual rules of science don't apply). Unfortunately I think we're going to get a lot of this waiting and anticipation over the next year or so... This was never going to be a quick process...

Personally I quite like to know that they are about to make an announcement, but I can totally understand why it is stressful for you...

I am pretty certain that this announcement is do with blood testing this time... I think this is quite a reasonable guess, but it's still only speculation of course...

Take care of yourself today Nina, and remember that you are with friends on the forum.

Bob

Bob, first of all: Please pass me that bag :)

I think we can safely assume that the VIPdx news is good news. But there is also the question of dimension. When "they" (I'm not blaming anyone specific here) leave that much room for speculation, of course a certain part of me hopes for something huge. As in, something that might actually affect my life and health, in a tangible way!

Last time the WPI announced big news and it turned out it was Dr. Donnica as their spokesperson. While I am a great fan of Dr. Donnica and agree she is a wonderful asset to the community, I had expected something far bigger.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is this: Giving us a heads up everytime something is announced it certainly well-intentioned but it bears a big risk of disappointment for many of us and, as Alexia said, raises levels of anticipation and anxiety which can be quite harmful.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
VIPdx are in Nevada and 8 hours behind UK time; so 9am there is 5pm here. If they're going announce anything I hope they'd do it first thing; still a few hours to go.

I haven't read all this thread, hope I'm not repeating something that has already been said!

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
If WPI is saying News Tomorrow :) = its got to be good news - everyone can relax....all that worry over nothing!

I imagine its either good news from the CDC study and/or VIP Dx is announcing the two new tests or ???. I would guess the later since there's no need to shut down the website for the first or who knows maybe it'll both?

About 2 1/4 hours from 9am their time now.

Frickly

Bob, I like the way you think! :D

First of all, this has to be good news... WPI would not tease us before a bad news announcements... oh, and the WPI announcement has a smiley face next to it, so it's definitely good news.

Secondly, the WPI have been saying for months that they are working on the standardisation of a reliable anti-body test...
and seeing as this announcement is being made in conjunction with their testing laboratory, VIPdx, then I would imagine that this is what it is.

I think that this also gives more meat to the CDC announcement...
We know that Judy has been working in cooperation with the CDC, and I believe that the CDC have been involved in working towards a standardised blood test with the WPI.
So it would make sense if the CDC were about to announce that they have found XMRV, at least in the general population, and probably in the CFS population, and that there is now a standardised blood test available.

This would make sense to me anyway... I don't think i'm being overly-optimistic... and I believe that they would all want to work in collaboration to get these public announcements coordinated.

Rivotril

If WPI is saying News Tomorrow :) = its got to be good news - everyone can relax....all that worry over nothing!

I imagine its either good news from the CDC study and/or VIP Dx is announcing the two new tests or ???. I would guess the later since there's no need to shut down the website for the first or who knows maybe it'll both?

About 2 1/4 hours from 9am their time now.

I keep refreshing VipDx site from 9am every 20 seconds ehehhe, maybe the news just comes hours later..
I also hope that it has something to do with CDC things, see my post # 38

Adam

Adam is worried Rivotril will explode

I keep refreshing VipDx site from 9am every 20 seconds ehehhe, maybe the news just comes hours later..
I also hope that it has something to do with CDC things, see my post # 38

Take something and sleep Rivo. Or take a walk (if you can). Or read War and Peace...twice...or something. :eek:

Or watch all the little birdies in the trees. Or something. Or take an on-line course in Clog Making for beginners. :tear:

Stop beating yourself up...please!!

:worried::worried:

leaves

Hey Guys, i just heard from a reliable source that the CDC press release Is postponed, VIP labs test and the paper is still going through though..,.

Rivotril

Take something and sleep Rivo. Or take a walk (if you can). Or read War and Peace...twice...or something. :eek:

Or watch all the little birdies in the trees. Or something. Or take an on-line course in Clog Making for beginners. :tear:

Stop beating yourself up...please!!

:worried::worried:

hehe adam thanks, it was a bit ironic from me (because all the hypes of the last days, CDC things and so) , I'm not really that stressed
i'm chilled, have some tension about this like anyone out here I think.
But nothing abnormal :)

we can do nothing, other then just wait and see

R

Robin

Hey Guys, i just heard from a reliable source that the CDC press release Is postponed, VIP labs test and the paper is still going through though..,.

Thanks, leaves. After the last rumor debacle, be prepared for some inquisition about your source. :p

leaves

Heheh you can pm me about it :)
and eh, the source is very reliable.. But the messages can still prove bs :)
don't think so tho.

Adam

hehe adam thanks, i was a bit ironic from me, I'm not really that stressed
i'm chilled, have some tension about this like anyone out here I think.
But nothing abnormal :)

And I never read much Tolstoi , I prefer Dostojewski , have some works from him here that will do fine...

Adam breathes a ginormous sigh of relief knowing that his Dutch CFS/ME buddy is only pulling his leg about his obsession with VIPDx.

:Retro wink:

Dostojewski? I said you was clever!!

;)