• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video interview Prof. De Meirleir and Dr. Byron Hyde November 09

MEKoan

Thanks much for this, Frank!

So far, I have only watched the first few minutes of Hyde. I just wanted to say that his observations of the illness feel so spot on! He has obviously been paying close attention to his patients. It felt so right that it almost made me weep. Being heard and seen is powerful stuff!

oerganix

Thanks much for this, Frank!

So far, I have only watched the first few minutes of Hyde. I just wanted to say that his observations of the illness feel so spot on! He has obviously been paying close attention to his patients. It felt so right that it almost made me weep. Being heard and seen is powerful stuff!

Yes, you are so right; being heard and seen is powerful and I did let a tear of gratitude escape while watching the deMeirleir video. I cheered outloud when he said there are too many docs saying this illness is all between the ears. Yes, he said, much of it is between the ears and he had already spoken of the brain abnormalities, so we know he doesn't mean what the denialists mean when they say that.

These videos are one antidote for the negative-seeming report coming out of UK today. See also the blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/2010/02/xmrv-discussion-on-faculty-of-1000.html There are several refreshing comments from docs that indicate they actually "get it". Sprinkled in are the usual negative responses, but the well-reasoned responses greatly outshine the negative.

I also appreciated your Taoist tale in another thread. Good to be reminded of the value of neutrality in the face of the 'roller coaster ride' we are on right now. My inner farmer is feeling good today, regardless of the 'bad' news. I've started LDN and am feeling hopeful. Happy Chinese New Year to everyone, too.