• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video, Emerge Symposium 2019: Metabolic Traps in ME/CFS - Research Update by Dr. Robert Phair

Navid

Sorry I dont know how to copy this video over here from facebook. It is a very detailed lecture by Dr. Phair about the Metabolic Trap Theory. You can cut and paste address.

OMF Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/OpenMedicineFoundation/?__tn__=,dkCH-R-R&eid=ARCn49fKfCGAh2-6TvSikU143AcjDljXgjzd-247na8_3OLLEFb9EBUuylI-TIWQAenKySemql_xsEwk&hc_ref=ARTXPlgfXKOziu4x4Gq1OvTJUy5zZa6gZkiKCb-S6yuSa-L1QAJhwCYs1zRaeWhsaUg&fref=nf&hc_location=group

well...its finally here...the metabolic trap hypothesis: the role of the trytophan-kynurenine pathway, importance of IDO1 and IDO2 mutations, and the effects of these changes on the serotonergic neurons in the mid-brain as the mechanistic basis for the severely ill CFS/ME patients is finally being unravelled. crazy fascinating. i have ID02 mutations as predicted (whole genome sequencing) and my 5-HIAA has been off the charts (as would be expected if there are problems with th...
See more

58087907_279931779549344_4717771543134863360_n.jpg

Open Medicine Foundation

Last edited by a moderator: