• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VD Methylation Pathways Panel

dmholmes

So I got my chiropractor to order the methylation panel for me, and it arrived today. The lab instructions look pretty specific. For anybody that has had it, what kind of lab did you have the blood drawn at? I'm not sure I could take it to the lab at my doctor's hospital and have them do it.

Thanks,
David

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi David,

I have done this panel twice--both times hospital labs did the draw for me, and at no charge! Just for good measure, have them put a cold pack in the box and send it FedEx overnight, yourself, don't trust the lab. I get a draw in the morning and make a bee-line to the FedEx office to make sure it gets to Vit. Diag. the next morning.

Sushi

dmholmes

I have done this panel twice--both times hospital labs did the draw for me, and at no charge! Just for good measure, have them put a cold pack in the box and send it FedEx overnight, yourself, don't trust the lab. I get a draw in the morning and make a bee-line to the FedEx office to make sure it gets to Vit. Diag. the next morning.

Thanks Sushi. I don't have the instructions with me, but I believe it said something about turning it upside down and then 30 minutes in the fridge before packing. I'll take it down to Kelsey Seybold and see if the lab there will draw the blood.

David