• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vaccine injury (In ME patients)

Marylib

@godlovesatrier , Glad some things are reolving for you. I think you said you partook of the vaccine for the current pandemic? That would be another hit to the immune system, would it not? Wondering if the remaining 'dizzy' has something to do with that? Maybe that will fade.

godlovesatrier

Hi @Marylib I definitely believe the dizziness was sparked by the second jab. I think too many immune responses in close succession is the issue. But yes both the covid spike protein and the immune response certainly hit my ME body like a ton of bricks. Not everyone had a reaction though. I know severe ME patients who didn't get any reaction. Odd how we haven't all reacted to it. I think in Corts poll it was 40% of respondents.

Marylib

@godlovesatrier Hope you feel better soon. I won't go on because this is the wrong placement for this comment in terms of threads, but you are certainly not alone. In my opinion, polls don't tell an accurate story - too many variables, plus the fact that no one wants to discourage people from being protected. I think we deserve an alternative, but no one is offering it yet.

godlovesatrier

Interested to hear of anyone still suffering long term reduced function from the covid19 vaccines. I see several people on twitter regularly who are suffering from this, but wanted to canvas to see how many on the forum are having the same problems.

In my own case I never fully recovered from the first vaccine. I have a theory that my body might recover fully after 6 to 18 months of no vaccines and no new viruses that my body can't get rid of on its own.

Every time I get a vaccine I have a reduced level of function for 3 months - at the end of the 3 months I feel better, but nowhere near as good as I did the day before my first vaccine.

In the UK we are allowed to request a modern half dose 50 ug shot for our booster, this will be my preference to try and reduce the impact this has on my immune system.

If anyone is suffering 6 months out from their vaccines, it would be great to hear if you've ever had any blood work or pathology that shows you're suffering from some sort of immune dysfunction (other than ME).

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
Moderna caused a relapse for me. I was fully recovered from CFS/ME and living active life. After taking the shots my stamina dropped by 75%. It's been 10 weeks. Fighting like hell to recover from the vax.

Dr. Ram Yogendra explains how Long haul (post covid or post-vax) is caused by nonclassical monocytes that get impacted with spike protein, go into inflammatory mode and stick to our blood vessels via fractalkine receptor. They treat with statins and a potent immunomodulator called Maraviroc.

godlovesatrier

So sorry Sherpa. That's bloody awful.

Although if how I felt pre jab 1 is anything to go by...I've had not the same experience but a similair set back.

I'm really sorry you're having to experience that though. That's extremely hard.

Did it drop after dose 1 and have you had both doses?

I worry so much about my level of functioning permenently dropping below 70% after a vaccine. They really are super toxic to some of us with ME.

SWAlexander

Moderna caused a relapse for me. I was fully recovered from CFS/ME and living active life. After taking the shots my stamina dropped by 75%. It's been 10 weeks. Fighting like hell to recover from the vax.

Dr. Ram Yogendra explains how Long haul (post covid or post-vax) is caused by nonclassical monocytes that get impacted with spike protein, go into inflammatory mode and stick to our blood vessels via fractalkine receptor. They treat with statins and a potent immunomodulator called Maraviroc.

So sorry you have to deal with it again. I´m beginning to believe that it was Pfizer vaccine that triggered all my symptoms.

mitoMAN

sadly their treatment has very little effect, judging from the long hauler groups, barely anyone makes improvements on it.

Learner1

The Moderna vaccine reactivated HHV6 in me - I was extremely fortunate that two different doctors tested it one before, and one after my vaccines, Or I wouldn't have known what caused my increased fatigue.

It has also been known to reactivate other herpesviruses, particularly shingles.

Being on Famciclovir in addition to valganciclovir has beaten it back.

You'd probably want to be tested for any of these viruses you have a history of.

Though this was inconvenient, I am thankful to have had the vaccines and booster.

BrightCandle

For several months I have been trying to get some data out of the NHS or UK government in regards to vaccine injuries and deaths. With the EU publishing its data I figured I would have another go but officially still the UK is not in any way even estimating the vaccine injury rate. So while in the EU they are already passing a bill to compensate those that were hurt by the vaccine by death or injury its not being acknowledged at all in other countries. What you can do about this in terms of applying for help or even having it recognised and treated by the healthcare system is very much going to depend on the extent of acceptance of the facts of injuries and deaths. I am not clear which countries have sorted this out yet, the EU might be the first to start to do something but its not done yet just being discussed.

SWAlexander

Vaccine-Associated Thrombocytopenia and Thrombosis: Venous Endotheliopathy Leading to Venous Combined Micro-Macrothrombosis
Abstract
Serious vaccine-associated side effects are very rare. Major complications of vaccines are thrombocytopenia and thrombosis in which pathogenetic mechanism is consistent with endotheliopathy characterized by “attenuated” sepsis-like syndrome, leading to the activation of inflammatory and microthrombotic pathway. In the COVID-19 pandemic, acute respiratory distress syndrome caused by microthrombosis has been the major clinical phenotype from the viral sepsis in association with endotheliopathy-associated vascular microthrombotic disease (EA-VMTD), sometimes presenting with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)-like syndrome. Often, venous thromboembolism has coexisted due to additional vascular injury. In contrast, clinical phenotypes of vaccine complication have included “silent” immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP-like syndrome), multiorgan inflammatory syndrome, and deep venous thrombosis (DVT), cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) in particular. These findings are consistent with venous (v) EA-VMTD. In vEA-VMTD promoted by activated complement system following vaccination, “consumptive” thrombocytopenia develops as ITP-like syndrome due to activated unusually large von Willebrand factor (ULVWF) path of hemostasis via microthrombogenesis. Thus, the pathologic phenotype of ITP-like syndrome is venous microthrombosis. Myocarditis/pericarditis and other rare cases of inflammatory organ syndrome are promoted by inflammatory cytokines released from activated inflammatory pathway, leading to various organ endotheliitis. Vaccine-associated CVST is a form of venous combined “micro-macrothrombosis” composed of binary components of “microthrombi strings” from vEA-VMTD and “fibrin meshes” from vaccine-unrelated incidental vascular injury perhaps such as unreported head trauma. This mechanism is identified based on “two-path unifying theory” of in vivo hemostasis. Venous combined micro-macrothrombosis due to vaccine is much more serious thrombosis than isolated distal DVT made of macrothrombus. This paradigm changing novel concept of combined micro-macrothrombosis implies the need of combined therapy of a complement inhibitor and anticoagulant for CVST and other complex forms of DVT. Full article https://www.mdpi.com/search?q=von Willebrand factor

Wayne

Just got the following in an email from You + ME Registry...

After Vaccination, Health of People with ME/CFS More Likely to Worsen Compared to Controls
In survey, 19% of people with ME/CFS said health worsened after vaccination compared to 4% reported by controls.

A recent survey conducted by our You + ME Registry found that the health of people with ME/CFS is significantly more likely to worsen after Covid-19 vaccination compared to controls.

About five months after receiving their first or only shot of Covid-19 vaccine, 19% of survey participants with ME/CFS indicated their health had worsened, 9% reported that it had improved and 73% responded that it had not changed.

This compares to 4% of controls (people who did not have ME/CFS) who said their health had worsened, 7% who indicated it had improved and 89% who reported it had not changed. (See Table 1.)...

BrightCandle

Just got the following in an email from You + ME Registry...

A recent survey conducted by our You + ME Registry found that the health of people with ME/CFS is significantly more likely to worsen after Covid-19 vaccination compared to controls.

I have an issue with these results as written in that they likely don't tell us anything note worthy on their own. I don't see a link to the paper so I can't look into the overall method. The first is the one of control selection, the control in this case is ME/CFS patients who did not get vaccinated not the wider population who did, there is zero point comparing to normally healthy people since ME patients have wider swings in their condition. This alone is a known contributoring factor that likely far outweighs the impact of the vaccine and without quantification its impossible to remove it as a factor.

frozenborderline

I really trust novavax vaccine which is more traditional vaccine but they are bungling their approval process in the usa