• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I have a friend from New Mexico who is extremely sick and she is looking for some desperate assistance.

Her profile:

"Living in Albuquerque New Mexico with mecfs suspect that there is a mold problem that I'm dealing with that is exacerbating my symptoms. Looking for help with navigating this and getting out of the house. Situation is getting more and more severe. Help is needed urgently"

Please if anyone can help let me know, she is deteriorating rapidly and needs to get out of the house she is in. She needs help as soon as possible.

Bless,

frozenborderline

I have a friend from New Mexico who is extremely sick and she is looking for some desperate assistance.

Her profile:

"Living in Albuquerque New Mexico with mecfs suspect that there is a mold problem that I'm dealing with that is exacerbating my symptoms. Looking for help with navigating this and getting out of the house. Situation is getting more and more severe. Help is needed urgently"

Please if anyone can help let me know, she is deteriorating rapidly and needs to get out of the house she is in. She needs help as soon as possible.

Bless,
Hi, I know lots of people recovering from me/cfs doing mold avoidance in new Mexico. Albuquerque can be alright air outdoors in areas , but there are bad areas and all housing is hit or miss. I found lots of healing air in the state though. Doctors tend to be less good and medical infrastructure too. but some amazing wilderness air! Your friend should talk to ana harris or bryan rosner. About good locations in new Mexico. Or lisa Lisa petrison, or jacob jones

frozenborderline

Albuquerque greater area has some good parts especially on edge of the northeast foothills or up in the sandias. But best areas I've found are further north in taos or rio arriba counties. Abiquiu, taos, truchas, jemez springs , trampas.

Outdoor air matters as much as indoor mold

frozenborderline

New Mexico has some of the most healing air in the country, but Albuquerque and santa fe and Las cruces are still problematic. And wildfire season can be tough . I'd try for taos county or rio arriba county if I was living there, or if I lived in Albuquerque I'd get someone to drive me into the sandias and forest up there every day to get fresh air. I'd live in the northeast heights area

YippeeKi YOW !!

@Thebirdman333 .....

All of @frozenborderline 's suggestions are good ones.

I used to have good contacts in NM, but it's been a minute and I dont think I can help much ....

I have the same question that @vision blue had .... what kind f help is she looking for, specifically? Without knowing, it's hard to provide anything more concrete than suggestions, observations, and general input .....

frozenborderline

Listen to "Go West Young Man": An Interview with Jacob Jones by Headless Youth Podcast on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/7MYRe
You may not have time to listen to this all to find the stuff about new Mexico... it may start at around 1 hour in ... I know we talk about northern NM more than like 1hour 20 in, but we talk about everywhere from silver city to Taos 6o Albuquerque...