• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Update on my testing for Berg theory

I had written about a month ago that I felt better on blood thinners twice while given in the hospital over the last 10ish years. I ran into mentions here about the Berg hypercoagulation theory, read up on it, and made an appt. with a functional medicine doctor that has mentioned it as something he investigates and treats.

I had my appt. almost a month ago and he ordered a slew of labs. Low and behold, my D-dimer was over-range and my Fibrin Monomer was positive. I don't begin to understand all this, as even though I understand well enough when it comes to the body, this is something I've never studied before. But it is odd that I feel better on anti-coagulants and now my labs show hypercoagulation.

I think the next thing we will be doing is all the infectious labs to see if and what hidden infections I may have, and then begin treatment for that. From what I understand, I will most likely be on Heparin injections for 6 months while the antibiotics do their thing.