• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unbearable restlessness and burning of nerves

I have extreme restlessness and feel anxious, nervous. I wake up at 6 a.m. with this feeling. I keep getting up briefly, although I should actually be resting.
What can be done about it? My heart beats hard and fast. When I want to fall asleep, adrenaline rushes through my body and keeps me awake.

I also have burning nerves. When I bend my arm to hold the cell phone, it burns extremely. Then my face starts to burn too.

Pyrrhus

I have extreme restlessness and feel anxious, nervous. I wake up at 6 a.m. with this feeling. I keep getting up briefly, although I should actually be resting.
What can be done about it? My heart beats hard and fast. When I want to fall asleep, adrenaline rushes through my body and keeps me awake.

I also have burning nerves. When I bend my arm to hold the cell phone, it burns extremely. Then my face starts to burn too.
I wake up a lot at night and it never happens. Always at the same time.

Are you saying that you only get these symptoms at 6 a.m. every day?

For how long do these symptoms last?

Has your doctor performed a spinal MRI or brain MRI?

Every morning when I wake up It stays that way until I activate something. Sit down and then I have to lie down again from weakness. An MRI of the head was done. It started a few weeks after Covid.

judyinthesky

@Lissi90 how are things for you meanwhile?
This virus can do some pretty nasty things.
Do you have any co-illnesses?

I have something very similar happen to me for periods of time. I believe it is cortisol. It feels literally like coffee has been dumped into my system. I have been driven to the treadmill at 3 AM. I have not found any solution, I just try to ride it out until it passes.

Did things get better for you? Im experiencing the same and much more post covid. It's awful.

lenora

I once had a doctor tell me that when he was in medical school, he often jumped out of bed and had to go out running or do something to take his mind off what was happening or his excess energy. I wondered at the time if he suffered from anxiety.

I did see him again, asked how he was and confided (this was a very, very long time ago) that he did suffer from anxiety. Could this be the cause of your problem I wonder? I have it myself....and it's no picnic, that I know. Yours, Lenora

maybe some day

I once had a doctor tell me that when he was in medical school, he often jumped out of bed and had to go out running or do something to take his mind off what was happening or his excess energy. I wondered at the time if he suffered from anxiety.

I did see him again, asked how he was and confided (this was a very, very long time ago) that he did suffer from anxiety. Could this be the cause of your problem I wonder? I have it myself....and it's no picnic, that I know. Yours, Lenora
Yes I feel anxiety has a huge part of it. In fact I emailed my doctor about some solutions. I don't like script meds, but willing to take some to take the edge off