• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unbearable pain think meds need increased whats common doses?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi hurting,

If you simply sign into chat at the lower right hand corner, I'll open a chat with you to show you how it works. Only takes one or two clicks. Nothing really to figure out.

Best Sushi

Calathea

Hey hon, sorry to hear the pain is so bad. What combinations of meds have you tried so far? Sometimes people will find that a med which does little or nothing on its own is a lot more effective when combined with another med. For instance, neither codeine nor valium do anything for me for muscle pain when taken separately, but if I take them together they work very well for muscle pain and migraine. The valium works as a muscle relaxant in this case, there are quite a lot of muscle relaxants around. You do need to be very careful with this approach, though, as you don't want to end up taking too much of something, oversedating yourself, or getting addicted (many of these meds are highly addictive). Anyway, it's something to talk about with your doctor.

Have you tried other things such as various forms of heat, stretching, things to loosen muscle tension like the Miracle Ball Method?

SOC

.ive vented before angry at myself because of anxietys i will literally load the buggy full to barely push...hurting the whole time knowing next day or so will crash...and on top of that i run around as fast as i can to get in and out and to not have to go back anytime soon...its something im working on but anxiety has alot to do with the filling of buggy and racing around like crazy...

Running around as fast as you can is really, really bad if you have ME/CFS, ya know. ;) If you keep doing things that you know are going to hurt you, your doc is not going to want to prescribe you more pain meds.

There are plenty of people here at PR who will tell you that when they didn't slow down when they were still semi-functional they just kept getting worse. Being worse than you are now is not going to help your family.

Sounds like the anxiety is killing you. Have you tried any anti-anxiety meds?

taniaaust1

hi hurtingallthetime.

i got overwhelmed by extremly pushy kirby saler..he wouldnt shut up...i paniced let him in...he actually either put out his hand to stop me closing or did.

It really does sound like you need to be working with a psychologist or with a womens help group which helps teach certain skills. As part of my therapy (both with a psych and separately with a womens group for those who are being abused thou I wasnt), I did some assertiveness training.... learning how to say "no" and learning how to stick up for myself better and to be heard.

I think the depth of your anxiety issues also makes things worst for you eg your response at supermarket. Finding better ways to help or treat that anxiety could end up helping your pain issues... probably a better idea to try to work on your issues by that route and good pacing then keep on raising pain killers.

You keep saying you arent doing much.. but as far as ME/CFS goes.. you are doing heaps.

Also make sure your vitamin D is in normal range .. Vitamin D issues (also other deficiencies) can make people have pain or more pain.. issues). I remember reading some study about patients in a mental hospital, who were getting all kinds of aches and pains (the hospital thought stomatisation pain)... they ended up finding out that the patients were vitamin D deficient and D supplementation had patients who had pain for years, free of it. So make sure your levels are ok.

hurtingallthetimet

hello taniaaust1 actually i see a conselour and a psych doctor...but you are right i need to handle the anxiety better...i cant take any medications when i go get grocerys ect. when drive because of sedation...

i get overwhelmed easily and then later think why did i do that or say that...such as letting in pushy sales person...i guess i dont feel like i do much because compared to what i use to do its close to nothing...i use to be very very active and busy no medications...i try to hang onto what i can do such as shopping for family taking to dentist ect. because its all i can do for them now and i feel like they do so much for me...

i do not have a good sense of time not sure if because of memory or just the way i am wired...i sometimes overdo it and not mean to...i will think i went to get grocerys once or twice a month but look back and realize that in between i had to get prescriptions a few times or had to pick something up for kids maybe sometime and then ill realize maybe thats why im wore out i was out more than i thought....even though its never much....but i have been having to take it easier...hubby insisted i get out of house becuase last few months ive not felt like getting out much...it was just grocerys but at least i got out...it just hard becasue i use to be so active and do so much...and the crashes after doing anything are horrible but i forget to do or that ive done lots of things such as turn off stove...or put out candle...memory isnt that great

it helps since kids are older and the oldest can drive i just give my debit/credit card to them alot of times and give them list of things needed...havent been told vitamin d is low...i do take multi vitiamin

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Hurting,

It is good that you are looking at nutritional supplementation, but a multi vitamin just won't cut it. Even as far as Vit D, it will probably have D2 instead of D3. I think most of us that benefit from vitamins and minerals take them separately at doses that have been researched for ME/CFS.

Sushi