• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK: Solicitor rides from Hampshire to Edinburgh for CFS Research Foundation

Kati

Patient in training
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8119155.Man_s_marathon_bike_ride_in_brother_s_memory/

A HAMPSHIRE man has embarked on a 600-mile cycle ride he hopes will raise 10,000 for research into chronic fatigue syndrome.

Solicitor Alistair Houghton, 34, is doing the marathon in memory of his brother Ross who was only 29 when he died after an eight-year battle against the distressing disease.

Alistair and his brother-in-law Richard Knight expect to take eight days to make the marathon journey from Totton in Hampshire to Edinburgh.

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is also known as myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). There are thought to be at least 150,000 cases in the UK.

Money raised by the cycle ride will go to the CFS Research Foundation, which funds research into the causes of ME and potential cures.

To make a donation visit everyclick.com/cyclechallengeforme.

Kati

Patient in training
Adam, get this disease off my back and I will ride 600 miles!

MEKoan

C'mon now, we're being a bit muted in our appreciation, don't you think?

Many thanks to these two great guys who are doing what we cannot!!!

We thank you

:hug:

and we salute you

:victory:

and we support you!

:Sign Good Job:

R

Robin

UK man doing charity ride for ME in memory of his brother

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8119155.Man_s_marathon_bike_ride_in_brother_s_memory/

A HAMPSHIRE man has embarked on a 600-mile cycle ride he hopes will raise 10,000 for research into chronic fatigue syndrome.

Solicitor Alistair Houghton, 34, is doing the marathon in memory of his brother Ross who was only 29 when he died after an eight-year battle against the distressing disease.

Alistair and his brother-in-law Richard Knight expect to take eight days to make the marathon journey from Totton in Hampshire to Edinburgh.

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is also known as myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). There are thought to be at least 150,000 cases in the UK.

Money raised by the cycle ride will go to the CFS Research Foundation, which funds research into the causes of ME and potential cures.

To make a donation visit everyclick.com/cyclechallengeforme.

biophile

Places I'd rather be.
Wessely and charity

Simon Wessely has done a number of bicycle rides for charity, right? Have any of them been for ME/CFS? I'll take a wild guess and say no, unless someone else can say otherwise.