• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK letter to the Guardian newspaper re: Dr Crippen and XMRV - signatures

The Guardian is one of the top English language websites read globally so
the insult to the ME community is also a global concern.

http://www.meactionuk.org.uk/Guardian-Rusbridger-3rd-draft.htm

This letter is being supported by Professor Malcolm Hooper here in the UK.

We have 60 names and rising.

If you would like to add your name together with your location please contact

al_barclayuk @ yahoo.co.uk

We don't need a postcode but just a rough idea (i.e. city, town, location) . It's for the list of signatories only.

It's intended to send it by the end of this week.

Thanks very much.

G

Gerwyn

Anyone who names himself as a murderer hanged for poisoning his wife must have real psychological problems Is this why he is poioning peoples minds! Why is a national newspapers perpetuating this obvious celebration of Murder literally and metaphorically!

sproggle

Jan
If you would like to add your name together with your location please contact

We don't need a postcode but just a rough idea (i.e. city, town, location) . It's for the list of signatories only.

It's intended to send it by the end of this week.

Thanks very much.

I believe the email address provided is invalid until you take out the spaces either side of the '@' so the address then becomes

al_barclayuk (sorry, mod)@yahoo.co.uk

please someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Jan xx

K

Katie

Hey Sproggle, the reason for the spaces is so spam bots that trawl the internet cannot find Annette's email and send lots of rubbish and use it to send lots of rubbish. It's new style nettiquette :D When sending it yourself you take out the spaces.

I did edit your post so it can't be picked up.

Katie

sproggle

Jan
Thanks Katie

Hey Sproggle, the reason for the spaces is so spam bots that trawl the internet cannot find Annette's email and send lots of rubbish and use it to send lots of rubbish. It's new style nettiquette :D When sending it yourself you take out the spaces.

I did edit your post so it can't be picked up.

Katie

Is it too late now to pretend I already knew that?!! :ashamed: Lol

Thanks for editing my post :thumbsup: I'd have been mortified to be responsible for her getting spam mail. :eek:

Jan xx

G

Gerwyn

I would suggest three questions

Why is the paper gloryfying a murderer by perpetuation his name

Why is the paper ingnoring the WHO

Why is it aiding and abetting the discrimination of a class of people that the uk government recognises have a real disease more disabling than aids or multiple sclerosos

Thanks for your support

Hi there,

Just wanted to say "thank you" for supporting this.

I started writing it last week and have had loads of support for it.

People have offered useful information that I'd not had myself.

So this letter is really a group effort.

We hope to send the letter off on Tuesday with a list of names collected by then.

However, we can go on collecting names to add onto the end of the letter on it's own web page.

The Guardian will have a link to the web page version so they'll know how much support it is gathering.

So there is no closing date as such.

Sincerely,

Stephen @ MEActionUK

Thank you to everyone who has added their name.

There were 168 signatures by the end of yesterday. Keep them coming!!