• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

uBiome results

ebethc

Regarding the viruses: the problem with "over the counter" stool tests ist, that they only show the microbes of the stool. But much more interesting would be the microbes of the bowel mucosa - this is the barrage that supports us against pathogenic microbes and toxins. The microbes of the the bowel mucosa can completely differ from the stool microbes - and maybe the pathogenic viruses like coxsackie and EBV live in the bowel mucosa.

1. how do you test the bowel mucosa? ie, does it require a biopsy?, and/or, is this the same thing as testing the barrier integrity... ie, testing the level of LPS in the bloodstream?

2. how do you make the bowel mucosa more healthy/strong/resilient?

thx

MaximilianKohler

did you try SmartGut? It claims to be a "detailed clinical report" and sounds like the uBiome product that I would want to try.... The Explorer thingy is more of a generic overview, I think....

https://ubiome.com/clinical/smartgut/
I did the smartgut. It didn't seem to be any better/more useful. It seemed to be nearly the same thing.

1. how do you test the bowel mucosa? ie, does it require a biopsy?, and/or, is this the same thing as testing the barrier integrity... ie, testing the level of LPS in the bloodstream?

2. how do you make the bowel mucosa more healthy/strong/resilient?

thx
To test the mucusal microbiome you'd need to swab it, since it's different from the stool microbiome.

Barrier integrity testing would be a little different.

To answer your 2nd question, personlization of diet and fasting are what I know to be the main ones. You can try probiotic experimentation, and FMT if you're lucky enough to know one of the 0.5% of people healthy enough to be a donor. Info on those in my sig.

vision blue

Does anyone know if they have discontinued their Explorer Plus? Does not appear on their order page and all the links to it are dead.

i would like to run it on skin rather than gut.

If anyone else has run ubiome on skin, maybe can PM me? I've run it twice on skin (explorer, not explorer plus) and want to compare on something- if you've run it in 2018 or 2019 (the data from before then are different)

i've run smart gut; was not helpful.

also agree on cusstomer service. theyre pleasant and even sweet- but they know NOTHING. Trying to explain a contradiction in their data to get clarification was like trying to explain it to a monkey.