• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trudie Chalder to speak at Norwegian Research Seminar

Invisible Woman

I would love to see her booed off the stage - preferably by physicians and fellow psychologists and not just patients. If it's just us then we're back to the "aggressive patients" smear campaign.

However, in the meantime perhaps it is best to let her speak and take whatever opportunity we can to show the counter arguments. It's taking time (far too long) but sooner or later their work will be seen for the pile of BPS it really is. Then all their canvassing will work against them.

Grigor

Please record it so we can show it to David Tuller as well.
It's clear the authors are still profiting from the fact that the whole David Tuller Trial and error has not reached the mainstream press besides WSJ. So she can keep at it with her BS. Even in Norway. Hopefully it will change soon.
And yes booh her off the stage please.

PhoenixDown

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
She responded that since the conference was not about the PACE-trial, it would do to place the leaflets on a table outside of the conference hall.

I don`t agree

I pointed out that the PACE-trial wrongfully is Chalders foudation for selling CBT and GET for ME-patients, and it is therefore of great importance that the attendees are made aware that the studies being referred to, actually doesn`t show any effect at all. This is especiaslly true when she gets 90 minutes to propose these regimes for the very sick, which has not even been included in their poor "studies".

BurnA

I pointed out that the PACE-trial wrongfully is Chalders foudation for selling CBT and GET for ME-patients, and it is therefore of great importance that the attendees are made aware that the studies being referred to, actually doesn`t show any effect at all.

Exactly, it doesn't matter if the conference is about the PACE trial or not, (in fact why would there be a conference about the PACE trial itself ?) if its about CBT / GET then the PACE trial ( and all its flaws) is relevant. Also the follow up study which showed "little difference" between treatments.

Thanks for all the effort!

BurnA

So I was denied handing out the leaflets on the chairs, she`ll probably deny me handing them out at the entrance to. I wish her good luck with that, if they call security i`ll have someone videotape it.

Are these people familiar with Tullers work ? Are they clueless about PACE or do they actually believe it ?

Trudie Chalder is on record saying that the idea that patients have some sort of underlying disease is silly
Hi @A.B. , interesting!
Do you have a source for that? Would like to digest that one in original form to reinforce some anger...:)

A.B.

Hi @A.B. , interesting!
Do you have a source for that? Would like to digest that one in original form to reinforce some anger...:)

In a series of training videos for GPs, she comments on the idea of patients having an underlying disease being silly. You can find the videos on youtube. She says it somewhere in the second half if I remember right.

Invisible Woman

So I was denied handing out the leaflets on the chairs, she`ll probably deny me handing them out at the entrance to. I wish her good luck with that, if they call security i`ll have someone videotape it.

How disappointing! Do they have a facebook page? What do the members think?

I was rather hoping that, as they were doing the intro talk, they might do a synopsis of where we are now and perhaps would include/add a page or two re PACE and possibly a reference list of recent research development in the seminar handout.

jimells

This conference might be a good location for a @taniaaust1 style lie-in.

After an hour sitting on the cool ground, attracting researchers attention of ME/CFS with my signs.. I was needing to lay down and curled up on the towel I've taken with me for that purpose. I promptly feel asleep there. I must be the most peaceful protester in earths history.. a sleeping protest!!

Last edited: