• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

transdermal application

HI ,

since i have a lot of gut issues i cant take a lot of thinks orally . acetyl-l-carnitine is a supplement i really want to try for supporting acetylcholine production .
only way for me to take it is the transdermal way .
problem is it doesnt fullfill all criteria to be absorbed transdermally

- it needs to be under 1000 da molecular weight - alcar has 203 da
- it needs to be hydrophylic and lipohilic - alcar dissolves in water and alcohol - so its not lipohilic
- unionised compunds gets better absorbed - didnt find out the degree of ionisation of alcar

so just with water it will not get absorbed since it is not lipophilic
( i tested it also mixed with 40% alcohol and the alcohol did get absorbed and left a salt behind on my skin - which was the alcar- so it didnt get absorbed)

then i wondered if this product can help -
https://fagron.com/en/concept/pentravanr

what do you guys think can it work with pentravan ?
i looked up the pentravan study and googled a few things they tested for transdermal absorption . the druges they tested were not complete lipohilic like alcar