• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tool to help get media attention for XMRV around the world

Carla-nl

Veteran by now
Dear all,

Please help yourself and post any new weblink to media publications, research items and/or video material on our website.

Every day the posted links will be put in a list. That list you can copy/paste into an email with the hyperlinks remaining active. If you send out the email to your National news agency, newspapers etc, all the lazy editor/reporter has to do is click on the links to see how far behind he is.

Every day the list grows, so should their shame for not giving XMRV the attention it deserves.

I'm sending out the list to all the Dutch news agencies every day. Please join in. All it requires is a simple referring sentence to the list of links in your language, collect a few email addresses and voila ! If you have some extra time, include email addresses of political parties etc. in the email while you're at it.

http://www.diagnosesupport.com for more info and the links.
I'm spending a lot of time on this already and i would appreciate it if ya all would post your local/national news coverage there yourself. Or on this thread :D

Thanks !!

Carla-nl

K

_Kim_

flashing text

Dear all,

Please help yourself and post any new weblink to media publications, research items and/or video material on our website.

http://www.diagnosesupport.com for more info and the links.
I'm spending a lot of time on this already and i would appreciate it if ya all would post your local/national news coverage there yourself. Or on this thread :D

Thanks !!

Carla-nl

Great job Carla-nl,

I hope you don't take this as a criticism, but the flashing XMRV text on the website is unbearable for me to look at. I got an instant headache and feel very dizzy at the moment. I have no idea if others have similar problems with flashing lights/text, but you might consider finding another way to highlight those important messages.

Thanks,
Kim

Carla-nl

Veteran by now
Kim

Hello Kim,

I have no idea what you mean. The only thing that changes colour is the hyperlink when your mouse hover's over them. If you don't like that, then leave your mouse outside of the hyperlink area.

Sorry, i can't do anything more. I've spent all day working on this and done the best i can.

Carla

K

_Kim_

Carla,

This is the text that flashes when I go to the website:
Please view our Youtube Channel for information regarding XMRV !

Please click HERE to read the entire scientific paper on XMRV

Please click HERE to access the XMRV publications from around the world

Please click HERE to submit a link to a news publication / video

Maybe my browser (Firefox) is the problem?

You've really done a great job - I didn't mean to detract from all of your hard work.

Thanks again,
Kim

Carla-nl

Veteran by now
Hi Kim

Hm... I don't have firefox so i can't check. I'm sorry if this happens. And i'm also sorry i cannot fix it :(

In Internet Explorer it only highlights when your mouse hovers it.

Thanks for the compliments. I hope a lot of people will use it. I have made it as easy as possible.

Hugs
Carla-nl

K

_Kim_

Okay, I tried out the site in IE. Yup, it only happens in Firefox. In IE, the links are just bolded. At least I can post/view your website in IE and avoid the flashing text.

Carla-nl

Veteran by now
Hi Kim,

Thanks for confirming :)

I've found another error however. It should be possible to submit a weblink without having to register. The darn site won't let me though.

I'm fixing this as we speak (i hope) :p

Carla

Mark

Carla, the blinking text comes from this in the 'pre' tags around the flashing links:
text-decoration: blink
If you can remove that instruction from the pre tags round the links, it should stop them flashing in other browsers.
I expect the links are flashing in most other browsers as well, perhaps even in some versions of Internet Explorer. Flashing and scrolling text is disorienting (at best) for a lot of users and is considered bad practice for Accessibility amongst other reasons, so I'd recommend you fix it.

Great resource by the way, really useful and important work and much appreciated. I totally agree on the media front, we need as many such resources as we can get - and we know all too well how few have the understanding needed to campaign on our behalf so this sort of strategic resource is brilliant for enabling us to campaign ourselves.

Carla-nl

Veteran by now
Kim, Mark

Thanks Mark for the hint where to look. I've deleted the flashy bits (I hope).

Now i need to fix the other problem... ah well, for now ppl can post news items here on the thread or email me :p

Thanks again, both !

Carla

Carla-nl

Veteran by now
Press articles XMRV Germany and Sweden now up

Hi All,

I've added the press coverage from Germany (thanks to Nina) and Sweden (Thanks to Kaspar) to our list of hyperlinks to news items.

I've also added a country code before each item and an introduction to translate (if required) for the mail to paste the links in.
We hope that many people will do this and send the list of media coverage to their national media to increase public awareness.
The word needs to go out and we can help !

Please continue to send/submit/post new media coverage to XMRV on our website: http://www.diagnosesupport.com or here on this thread.

Thank you
Carla

Carla-nl

Veteran by now
Press articles Denmark, Norway, Spain and more UK are up

With special thanks to Carlos for the Spanish items (please forward them to hispanic communities !)

And special thanks to Hella for posting the Norwegian items on DS weblinks

Very interesting items from the UK as well from Anon.

En voor Belgi... de aanhouder wint

Roy S

former DC ME/CFS lobbyist
Hey Junior Old-timer,
Good job! I'd suggest sending Hillary Johnson a message to let her know about your project.

Carla-nl

Veteran by now
Hi Roy

Would you do the honours for that maybe?

I'm a wee bit tired now :)

We published loads more links today. I think it's time to draw the line on old publications to be submitted and only add new ones. I hope the WPI understands the whole world is holding their breath :) and that more news is soon to follow.

Thanks to all who contributed ! Great teamwork.

Carla