• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

TMG makes me very depressed why?

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
From Dr. Lawrence Wilson on TMG, regarding side effects:

2. A few people do not tolerate TMG well. They may just not need very much of it. However, our research indicates that, in some cases, the problem is that it brings up psychological issues or it detoxifies them too quickly.

In particular, men or women who have deep-seated resentments and perhaps some ambivalence about men seem to have more trouble taking TMG. It appears that TMG activates an enzyme system that is dormant or less active in those with male resentment issues. Taking TMG, for these people, can cause rather severe symptoms or anger, fear, depression or anxiety.

If this occurs, just reduce the dosage to a comfortable dose. The symptoms promptly go away when one reduces or stops the TMG. However, if one can tolerate the symptoms, one may move through the retracing of relationship issues much faster, so take what you can.

I know this is an old thread, but I have this problem and eventually worked out a solution that works for my body.

The TMG was giving me horrible depression, i didn't know it was from the tmg. My functional medicine doctor told me to try B's for the depression to get me through xmas day. I took desiccated beef liver 4 capsules and i felt it lift. A few hours later i did the same and it lifted more. Whenever tmg gives me depression i do this. But, i get the full benefits of tmg if i take the liver first, then wait an hour or so and then take the tmg. So basically taking the liver avoids the depression in the first place and tmg then gives me an energy and mood boost as well as a little increase in mental clarity.

Don't need much tmg either. 1g is plenty. Half a gram even is noticeable if i have the b's from the liver already in my system.

Hope this helps someone