• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tips for winter?

Davsey27

Curious if anyone may have any insight on dealing with the cold in the winter?

Since being in mexico this time last year for the winter .I notice the body is more sensitive to the cold.

Now that its cooler i dont seem to be gaining some of the benefits of warm sunlight over the summer on the immune system as temps have dipped into the 50s in the bay area

I don't seem to feel the same vitamin d and Mitochondrial effects from taking d3 and ubiqinol
as I do from the sun

Thank you

Rufous McKinney

If they get cold so does the rest of you!

I live in wool slippers much of the year. Also often wear wool socks (those smartwood ones, they are expensive but really last a long time). I love this pair of compression socks I got- my feet crave feeling squeezed.

Scarves- neck gets cold. (guys can't as readily wear scarves). Ascot- there you go, get an Ascot! Silk is nice.

keepswimming

My husband is disabled and his pain is a lot worse in the cold weather. A few years ago I bought him this electric heated throw and it's the only thing that really helps. He wraps himself in it, it warms him through, and relieves the pain.

I realise your situation is different but perhaps something similar might help 🙂