• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

Stretched

A Cipher...Those I have seen on the web want payment in Bitcoin or such...That is my problem as I have no Bitcoin Account..

You might want to reconsider bitcoin, e.g. Coinbase.com. I avoided it years ago when it was onerous. It’s now pretty easy to set up links, buy it and have it transferred to your account. Then, when using it there’s a simple transfer link to pay merchant. It’s now mostly automatic; few calculations.

Last edited:

Wayne

I hope somebody can help me with a problem I'm having with getting access to Cortef (hydrocortisone). I had a doctor in Oregon who never hesitated to give me a prescription, but now that I've relocated, I've not been able to find a doctor who will prescribe it for me (this doctor semi-retired and moved to Peru).

I got some hydrocortisone from an online pharmacy many years ago, but was only able to get the generic, not Cortef. Generic doesn't work for me, it has to be Cortef. I would find it daunting to search through 40 pages on this thread to find an online pharmacy where I might be able to get some Cortef without a prescription. Would anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

Hip

I would find it daunting to search through 40 pages on this thread to find an online pharmacy where I might be able to get some Cortef without a prescription.

You just have to search through the pharmacies listed in the first post, which are an up-to-date list of reliable pharmacies. But to save you from doing that, here are some pharmacies from that list which stock Cortef:

https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/p-99900829-solu-cortef-act-o-vial-100mg.aspx
https://www.unitedpharmacies.md/Solu-Cortef-Injection-Hydrocortisone-Sodium-Succinate.html
https://www.4nrx.md/arthritis/Solu-Cortef-Injection-Hydrocortisone-Sodium-Succinate.html
https://www.pharmacygeoff.md/Solu-C...ortisone-Sodium-Succinate-100mg-1-x-2mL-Vial/

Quite a few of the Russian pharmacies in the first post also stock Cortef, but shipping may be slow due to the war:
https://wmmedicalsupply.com/en/all-products/solu-kortef-lyophilisate-for-in-100mg-solvent
https://wmmedicalsupply.com/en/all-products/cortef-tablets-10-mg-100-pcs
https://otc-online-store.com/cortef-hydrocortisone-buy-online?search=Cortef&description=true
https://otc-online-store.com/solu-cortef-buy-online?search=Cortef&description=true
https://www.medixlife.com/shop/cortef-hydrocortisone-buy-online/
https://pilloid.com/9865-buy-solu-cortef-lyophilisate-for-injection-100mg-bottle-1-solvent.html

I recently ordered from OTC, an excellent Russian pharmacy that I have used many times, and it's been a over month so far and I still have not received my items.

Abha

Abha
You just have to search through the pharmacies listed in the first post, which are an up-to-date list of reliable pharmacies. But to save you from doing that, here are some pharmacies from that list which stock Cortef:

https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/p-99900829-solu-cortef-act-o-vial-100mg.aspx
https://www.unitedpharmacies.md/Solu-Cortef-Injection-Hydrocortisone-Sodium-Succinate.html
https://www.4nrx.md/arthritis/Solu-Cortef-Injection-Hydrocortisone-Sodium-Succinate.html
https://www.pharmacygeoff.md/Solu-C...ortisone-Sodium-Succinate-100mg-1-x-2mL-Vial/

Quite a few of the Russian pharmacies in the first post also stock Cortef, but shipping may be slow due to the war:

I recently ordered from OTC, an excellent Russian pharmacy that I have used many times, and it's been a over month so far and I still have not received my items.

I recieved items from OTC recently(from Russia) and they only took two weeks to reach UK

Busson

Where can I buy online antibiotics (such as doxycycline, ciprofloxacin, metronidazole, co-amoxeclav, etc) without a prescription? I am in the UK and expect I will have to buy from abroad.

I respond unexpectedly well to antibiotics in general and wonder if I have an abscess somewhere that my doc can't find. My doctor is generally sympathetic but won't provide anything but a very short course of antibiotics, even though some can in fact be taken long term.

I do understand the concerns about over use of antibiotics.

I discovered I can buy doxycycline from a UK online pharmacy (for malaria, chalmydia, pelvic inflammatory disease) but I don't know how to get other types of antibiotic. Info please, guys!

Thank you.

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Where can I buy online antibiotics (such as doxycycline, ciprofloxacin, metronidazole, co-amoxeclav, etc) without a prescription? I am in the UK and expect I will have to buy from abroad.

I respond unexpectedly well to antibiotics in general and wonder if I have an abscess somewhere that my doc can't find. My doctor is generally sympathetic but won't provide anything but a very short course of antibiotics, even though some can be taken long term.

I do understand the concerns about over use of antibiotics. I hope to get a referral but nowadays that could require a long wait on the NHS these days.

I discovered I can buy doxycycline from a UK online pharmacy (for malaria, chalmydia, pelvic inflammatory disease) but I don't know how to get other types. Info please, guys!

Thank you.

Try Alldaychemist.com , when you go through the ordering process there is a section about uploading your prescription but just bypass it is fine.

mrmichaelfreedmen

List of Reliable Pharmacies — Scroll Down to See List (Updated: 2022)

This page details the legality of importing non-controlled prescription drugs for personal use in each country.

In the UK, it is legal to import up to 3 months' prescription medications (see here). US law on importation is detailed here (basically you are not allowed import unless the drug cannot be obtained in the US; but US customs tend to turn a blind eye to medicine imports, for compassionate reasons).

Import of prescription medicines for personal use is allowed in these EU countries: Belgium, Estonia, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Romania and Slovenia. Import of prescription medicines for personal use is requires a license from the health ministry in these EU countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Portugal, Slovakia and Spain. Import of prescription medicines for personal use is not allowed in these EU countries: Sweden. Source: here.

Sadly, many people with myalgic encephalomyelitis / chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) have to turn to online prescription-free pharmacies to buy drugs, as often their doctors will refuse to prescribe drugs which can help ME/CFS.

What Is a Reliable Prescription-Free Pharmacy?

When looking for a prescription-free online pharmacy, we want one that is trustworthy and reliable, which means that the pharmacy:

(1) Supplies genuine drugs (although fake drugs often contain the same active ingredient as legitimate drugs).

(2) Reliably mails the drugs to you (we don't want pharmacies with reports of drugs paid for but not arriving).

(3) Does not pass on your personal details to spammers. Some online pharmacies will sell you email address or telephone number to spammers, and you will then receive nuisance marketing.

(4) Does not use your credit card number fraudulently. Some very low end, unscrupulous online pharmacies will occasionally pass on your credit card details, leading to fraudulent use of your card.

Checking That An Online Prescription-Free Pharmacy Is Reliable

To check a pharmacy's reliability, you can start with a simple Google search on the pharmacy's name or web address, including in your search words like scam, fake, counterfeit, fraud. This will pick up any articles about negative experiences with the pharmacy in question.

Also in Google, entering the pharmacy URL and placing the word "review" afterwards will find reviews. And TrustPilot is a great place to get reviews of a website.

It's also a good idea to check how long the pharmacy has been in business. A pharmacy that has been around for 3 or more years is likely to be more reliable that one which has been in existence for less than 1 year (dubious or scam pharmacies often come and go quickly).

The age of a pharmacy's URL can be checked here: DNSQuery, Netcraft Site Report, Domain age checker, Wayback Machine.

A popular pharmacy website used by many people will tend to be more reliable, and popularity can be measured by the global rank of the website. The smaller the global rank, the more popular the website. The global ranking can be obtained at SimilarWeb. SimilarWeb also gives lots of other useful information about a website. High-quality long-established online pharmacies that are very popular will tend to have a global rank lower than 1 million.

Checking That the Drugs You Receive are Not Fake

You can easily verify the authenticity of any drugs you buy online by contacting the manufacturer named on the packaging. All manufacturers have drug safety contact emails (often drugsafety@manufacturer.com) that will verify the authenticity of your medication if you send them images of the drug box and the items inside (the blister packs or jars).

List of Reliable Online Prescription-Free Pharmacies

The table below lists some reliable online prescription-free pharmacies.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Pharmacy . . . . . . . . . .Alexa. . Founded. . . Shipping

www.inhousepharmacy.vu. . . . .3 . . . 1996 . . . Free
goldpharma.com . . . . . . . . 12 . . . 2005 . . . £6 + 10%
www.unitedpharmacies.md . . . .9 . . . 1998 . . . $12
www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md. . .5 . . . 2012 . . . £8
www.buy-pharma.md . . . . . . .7 . . . 2007 . . . $14

www.alldaychemist.com . . . . .3 . . . 2002 . . . $25
safegenericpharmacy.com . . . .7 . . . 2014 . . . $5
www.4nrx.md . . . . . . . . . 21 . . . 1999 . . . £10 free over $50
www.4nrx-uk.md. . . . . . . . 40 . . . 2012 . . . £8 free over £50
www.pharmacygeoff.md. . . . . 70 . . . 2012 . . . $7.50

www.genericdoctor.com . . . . 28 . . . 2009
www.antiaging-systems.com . . 17 . . . 1997
www.premiumrxdrugs.com. . . . 14 . . . 2013

www.freedom-pharmacy.bz . . . 22 . . . 2003
www.mimaki-family-japan.com . .7 . . . 1995

mexipharmacy.mx . . . . . . . 19 . . . 2014
www.cheapmedicineshop.com . . .2 . . . 2016
www.indianpharma.co . . . . . 37 . . . 2008
farmaciasdelnino.mx . . . . . .7 . . . 2014

Alexa rank figures (shown in units of 100,000) indicate the popularity of the pharmacy website. Lower Alexa figures mean a more popular website, and more popularity is likely to mean more reliable. ND = no Alexa data available ( means the website is unpopular).

Some Notes on These Pharmacies:

Inhousepharmacy.vu sell high quality pharmaceutical products made by major Western pharmaceutical companies, as well as generic drugs. They used to be at inhousepharmacy.com. Payment is via bank transfer to their bank (can be done via your own bank's website), bitcoin, and other methods.

Goldpharma.com specialize in inexpensive generic and brandname drugs made by European pharmaceutical companies. They are good quality, quite cheap, reliable, and have a massive range. They ship from within the EU, via their network of EU-based pharmacies. They are one of the few pharmacies that ship to Canada.1 When ordering, Goldpharma will ask you to fill out a very brief online questionnaire about your health (takes less than a minute). Payment is by credit card, or via bank transfer to their bank in Bulgaria. Also at goldpharma.com.

Unitedpharmacies.md and unitedpharmacies-uk.md sell both Western pharmaceutical drugs as well as cheaper Indian generics. Payment is via bank transfer to their bank for your first order; but thereafter you can pay by credit card.

Buy-pharma.md has very cheap prices, selling inexpensive generic drugs made by Indian pharmaceutical companies such as Cipla or Sun Pharma. Very reliable, and good communications. Payment is via credit card, or by bitcoin. Buy-pharma can send some of their products from Germany, but you have to ask them whether the item you want can be sent from Germany.1

Alldaychemist.com has very cheap prices on Indian generics. Very occasionally however, you hear reports of fraudulent credit card use after goods are ordered at alldaychemist.com.

I have used the above 5 pharmacies on numerous occasions over the years, and found them very reliable.

A list of online pharmacies with user rated reputations can be found here:
https://pharmacyreviewer.co/all-online-pharmacies/

And a list of blacklisted online pharmacies with BAD reputations can be found here:
https://pharmacyreviewer.co/blacklisted-pharmacies/

Other Prescription-Free Pharmacies That May Be Reliable

internationalpharmacy.com . . 30 . . . 1994
www.purchase-prep.com . . . . 16 . . . 2015
www.generics.greencrosspharmacy.online . . 14 . . 2018

www.clearskypharmacy.biz. . . 19 . . . 2000
www.drugssquare.com . . . . . .6 . . . 2012 . . . Free

www.thepharmacyexpress.bz . . ND . . . 2014
www.schickersunichem.co.nz. . ND . . . 2013

www.rxloyal.com . . . . . . . ND . . . 2012

Russian Product Prescription-Free Pharmacies

These pharmacies specialize in Russian pharmaceuticals. No online user reviews to be found (except for extrapharmacy.ru which has good user reviews). I have ordered from rupharma.com many times, and also extrapharmacy.ru and pharmashipping.net and was pleased with the service.

rupharma.com. . . . . . . . . .7 . . . 2013 . . . €15
otc-online-store.com. . . . . 14 . . . 2013 . . . $10
extrapharmacy.ru. . . . . . . 17 . . . 2014 . . . $12
medicinesdelivery.com . . . . 62 . . . 2013 . . . $10

pillbuys.com. . . . . . . . . 29 . . . 2018
wmmedicalsupply.com . . . . . 15 . . . 2018
pilloid.com . . . . . . . . . ND . . . 2018
russianpharmacy.net . . . . . ND . . . 2016

pharmrus.com. . . . . . . . . ND . . . 2016

Shipping to Countries With Strict Customs

Some countries like Canada and many European nations have strict customs, and it is hard to get pharmaceutical drugs delivered to these countries. However, the following pharmacies specialize in shipping to countries with strict customs:
Some further ideas for getting drugs delivered to countries with strict customs detailed in this post.

ME/CFS Patients May Need To Buy Their Own Drugs Online

Chronic fatigue syndrome patients may need to buy their own pharmaceutical drugs online because:

(1) Disability: a patient may be housebound, and cannot easily get to a doctor.

(2) Convenience: an ME/CFS patient may not quite be housebound, but due to mental frailty, may find meetings with doctors very hard work and exhausting, especially as many doctors can be dismissive, and even scathing, of ME/CFS. I personally found it hard to be with authority figures such as doctors when I was very ill with ME/CFS and anxiety disorder; I found it unpleasant to interact doctors, even though my doctor is a reasonably nice and accommodating guy. Sometimes your own mental frailty rom illness can make an appointment with a doctor very hard going.

(3) ME/CFS patients may have difficulties in persuading their doctor to prescribe drugs to use off-label for ME/CFS. Furthermore, doctors may not have the freedom to prescribe drugs off-label, or not have the freedom to prescribe drugs experimentally, if they are guided by evidence-based medicine, or by insurance rules, or the rules of socialized medicine systems (such as the NHS in the UK).

(4) Doctors may know very little about ME/CFS, so they would not know why a particular drug might be beneficial for ME/CFS. In many cases, patients are more knowledgable about ME/CFS than their doctor.

(5) Many doctors still erroneously believe ME/CFS is a psychosomatic or somatoform disease, and so may not agree to prescribe antivirals, etc, because the doctor incorrectly assumes that the cause of ME/CFS is "all in the mind".

(6) ME/CFS is a somewhat unusual disease in that drugs or supplements that are very helpful for one patient may provide no benefit for the next patient. Thus it usually requires trying out dozens of drugs one by one, until you find the right drug(s) that work well for you. There are over 250 drugs that can be beneficial for ME/CFS; you will be very lucky if you find a doctor who has the time and inclination to go through this process of trying out dozens of drugs one by one on the patient, in order to identify the ones that work. So this why ME/CFS patients can often make substantial improvements to their condition by buying and trying ME/CFS drugs themselves.

(7) Lower costs: you can import generic versions of drugs from countries like India where the drugs are manufactured more cheaply. And for those without medical insurance in the US, it's certainly going to be cheaper to buy generic drugs online from overseas, rather than pay for a doctor's appointment, and then pay for the drugs in a US pharmacy. Many ME/CFS patients are unable to work, and because ME/CFS is often trivialized by the medical profession, it patients may not receive any disability allowance. So accessing medications at lower cost is important.

If you buy pharmaceutical drugs yourself, it is a very good idea to use a drug interactions checker such as this one or this one to ensure there are no adverse interactions between the various drugs you are taking.

LegitScript Wants to Block Access to Cheap Pharmaceuticals

John Horton set up an organization called LegitScript which is trying to close down online pharmacies selling drugs without prescription, or forcing these pharmacies to ask clients for prescriptions.

Horton set up LegitScript with a remit to stop people getting access to cheaper pharmaceuticals and generics. LegitScript will label any pharmacy that does not require a prescription as "rogue", no matter how high the quality that pharmacy.

It is a bit of a mystery who is funding LegitScript, but you can guess it comes from pharmaceutical companies, who stand to lose a lot of money if patients can buy generic drugs at a fraction of their cost in North America and Europe.

So if you see that LegitScript have criticized a pharmacy, this does not necessarily mean that that pharmacy is bad. More info on LegitScript:

LegitScript – Not So Legit?
Complaints about Legitscript

I emailed LegitScript, explaining that chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) patients are often ignored by their doctors, as unfortunately many doctors still do not believe ME/CFS is real, and this often means that these doctors will not prescribe necessary drugs like antivirals to ME/CFS patients. Thus ME/CFS patients need to be able to buy such drugs online, without a prescription.

I asked LegitScript in my email if they were acting in the best interests of sick patients. I got no reply from them. LegitScript's contact page is here. You may also want to email LegitScript, and ask them if they are operating in the best interests of patients.

I am not sure if I trust the Web of Trust (WOT) website reputation checker. WOT has partnered with LegitScript who are acting to solely maintain pharmaceutical industry profits. Ref: here.

Paying by Bitcoin

LegitScript have a relationship with the VISA international credit card network, such that when LegitScript want to take away the credit card merchant facilities from any online pharmacy, they just ask at VISA, and the pharmacy's VISA merchant facilities are withdrawn. This occurs even with trustworthy and reliable pharmacies located outside of the US. LegitScript do this in order to make it more difficult for people to buy cheaper generic pharmaceuticals, which thereby protects Western pharmaceutical industry profits.

Some of the pharmacies that LegitScript have taken credit card payment facilities away from are highly reliable organizations that have been serving customers for 10 or 20 years, and have a spotless customers service record (no customer complaints at all to be found on pharmacy review sites). So taking away credit card payment facilities has nothing to do with protecting the public; it's all to do with protecting pharmaceutical industry profits.

Anyway, so now some online pharmacies are providing bitcoin as a payment option. Once you set up a cryptocurrency wallet on your computer, smartphone or tablet, paying by bitcoin is actually faster and easier than using a credit card. Instructions for setting up a cryptocurrency wallet are given below.

Bitcoin Setup Instructions

Before you can get yourself some bitcoins, you first need to set up a cryptocurrency wallet, which is an app that runs on your computer, smartphone or tablet that holds the bitcoins you buy.

I find the Atomic wallet nice and simple (good for people with brain fog), and this wallet actually has a facility that allows you to buy bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies directly within the wallet, using a credit card.

In Atomic, you are charged a 5% fee on cryptocurrency purchases, which is higher than the rate at some of the cheaper cryptocurrency exchanges (cheap exchanges like binance, coinbase or CEX.IO), but more convenient and much less complex.

Such cryptocurrency exchanges charge a similar fee for credit card cryptocurrency purchases, but some exchanges like CEX.IO have 0% fees for cryptocurrency purchases via bank transfer.

A video showing how to buy bitcoins on Atomic is found here. When purchasing bitcoins either in the Atomic wallet or on exchanges, you will need upload a photo of an ID document. The bitcoins you buy on Atomic are placed directly into your Atomic wallet, and soon after you buy them, you will see the bitcoin balance in your wallet go up.

Once you have set up you wallet and have some bitcoins in it, paying for goods by bitcoin is easy. When you purchase goods online and go through the normal website checkout process, the website will display a message (or send you an email) saying something like:

Please send 0.01245 bitcoins to our bitcoin receiving address: 1LxVP7PajrAhgYJsnriJXZhSzxd4eeurgu

You just copy that bitcoin receiving address, and in Atomic, go to Wallet > Bitcoin > Send, and paste in the bitcoin receiving address in the appropriate field. You then enter the amount to pay (0.01245 in this example), and press the "Send" button. That then transmits the bitcoins to the recipient.

Similarly, if someone asks you to send them some bitcoins, they will give you their bitcoin receiving address (which again will look something like: 1LxVP7PajrAhgYJsnriJXZhSzxd4eeurgu), and you use your wallet to send some bitcoins to that address in the same way.

If you want to receive bitcoins into your wallet from someone else, you will need to give that person a bitcoin receiving address provided by your wallet, which they then send their bitcoins to.

In the Atomic wallet, you can obtain such a bitcoin receiving address by going here: Wallet > Bitcoin > Receive. (Each time you want to receive bitcoins into your wallet, you should go there to obtain a fresh new receiving address).

Note that it may take about a couple of hours before bitcoins sent to you reach your wallet.

WARNING!!!

RUPharma.com WILL sell your email address to Spammers!!!

Hip

RUPharma.com WILL sell your email address to Spammers!!!

Are you sure that is the case? I've used rupharma.com many times over the years, and have never had any problems with spam. They have my email address, but I hardly get any spam emails.

I've found the owner helpful in responding to my requests to obtain pharmaceutics products I needed, and which he did not have in stock.

Of course, sometimes it could be a dodgy employee in a company that sells private info.

mrmichaelfreedmen

Are you sure that is the case? I've used rupharma.com many times over the years, and have never had any problems with spam. They have my email address, but I hardly get any spam emails.

I've found the owner helpful in responding to my requests to obtain pharmaceutics products I needed, and which he did not have in stock.

Of course, sometimes it could be a dodgy employee in a company that sells private info.

I am 100% positive it occurred following my registration and email reply with rupharma.com

What is more frustrating is that due to sanctions, no Russian Pharmacy can send anything to Australia.

Update: Receiving 50+ online pharmacy spam emails per day. This is from maybe 5 or 10 from various companies per month.

Last edited:

mrmichaelfreedmen

Has anyone had issues lately with US Customs seizing tenovir from alldaychemist and Raltegravir from cheapmedicineshop?

@andyman123 mentioned problems in this thread: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/has-anyone-tried-antiretroviral-therapy.82497/#post-2430600 (I don't think he's on the site anymore though.)
I have never had anything seized by US or Aus Customs sent by AlldayChemist.com

But I do know US Customs constantly reevaluate procedures and restrictions.

Did you receive a seizure letter? Or just checking before ordering?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I have never had anything seized by US or Aus Customs sent by AlldayChemist.com

But I do know US Customs constantly reevaluate procedures and restrictions.

Did you receive a seizure letter? Or just checking before ordering?

Thank you for that.

No, I was just checking before ordering.

Did you order the antiretrovirals?

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thank you for that.

No, I was just checking before ordering.

Did you order the antiretrovirals?

The worst thing that happens is you get a letter from customs giving you 90 days to prove why they should give you your order or they destroy it and say your naughty lol.
Looking at the big picture, they wont coming knocking on your door for an order thats maybe a couple of hundred dollars. The whole process of sending you a letter and then destroying your order probably costs more than the order itself.
But you have a high probability of getting your order anyway.
Since covid overseas shipping is taking longer, although it's hit and miss and you can get something early occasionally.
Good luck🤞