• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Time to act: CONTACT SENATOR MARKEY

SWAlexander

This article shows plenty disregard for ME/CFS patients

Excerpt: Whether the NIH-funded ME/CFS research centers working is a pretty darn big question to ask. Six years ago – pre-NIH Center funding – funding for chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) had just about bottomed out. In 2015, the NIH was spending a miserable $6 million on ME/CFS. Despite years of advocacy, despite promising findings in the research field, despite the million-plus people which studies suggest may have the most functionally disabling disease known, the NIH was actually – adjusted for inflation – spending less, much less – on ME/CFS than it had been twenty years earlier.
Read: https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2021/10/19/mass-nih-funded-chronic-fatigue-research-centers/.

It is time to become political and write or email to Senator Edward Markey.
I did already.

Rufous McKinney

My congresswoman is on the Military Health subcommittee or some such thing.

so you mention Gulf War Syndrome/burn pit victims..- toss it into the mix because its important to link these various issues together, in my opinion.