• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1

BenFromNZ

God dammit. Wasn't cheap. Guess I need to add TA1 back to my list of things to try.

COAs = Certificate of Authentication?

You happen to have a link to a thread or anything exposing PureRawz?

Yes on COA.

Not saying they weren't legit (the products you ordered). Could have been under dosed aswell. Just saying they lost a lot of trust. It was a few months ago I read about all this, which put me off using them. I'll see if I can find a thread later.

BenFromNZ

@sb4 Maybe check out limitlesslifenootropics.com as an alternative to peptide sciences or canlab. They seems to have a really good rep. (TA1 $65 USD for 10mg) I'm going to continue my peptide sciences TA1 vial and then try my chinese stuff one more time and see if I get bad response to it- if I do I'm going to try limitless the next time.

sb4

Thanks Ben. Price seems pretty good but don't want to be wasting too much money on potentially bunk stuff. I don't think I will be trying this again for a couple of months yet.

Lieselotte

There is a facebook group where people talk about different sources of TA1 having more/less side effects - CanLab vs. PeptideSciences vs. Taylor Made - which are all reputable sources. I can't remember right now which was the worst.

I'm not sure why that would be the case, but just wanted to bring that up as an issue with TA1.

I got some from CanLabs, and it is legit. I will update later once I'm done with that experiment.

BenFromNZ

The side affects I had are not the kind you want to mess with though. I've never had this with any treatment I've tried including immune treatments. I felt like I was going to pass out every time I stood up from lying down. I would get dizzy and my vision would start to go black. I had to hold on to something and stay still. It was quite scary. It didn't just pass in a couple of seconds. I also felt a bit dizzy when I stood up from sitting and walking from my room to lounge. Took about a week to resolve when I came off it. Also I noticed my urine had a slight brown tinge to it. I havent had that kind of side affect from the peptide sciences version and im on twice the dose I took with the chinese stuff. I wanted to wait to I had tried a different version before I reported back though. Considering it is ultimately unknown chinese peptide I don[t think I should take that kind of risk. I thought it was important to warn people about that especially since someone said they are about to try a version they got from china - (although tbh I'd still like a few more days to confirm lack of these side effects s with peptide sciences version). If anyone has had that kind of side effect from a known good source please let me know. Since I have't had any of those effects from the peptide sciences version and since they are quite unusual and sound risky, I've decided against trying the chinese stuff I bought again.

Edit: Also I forgot to mention. The first time I injected myself with the chinese TA1 I felt strange and dizzy in the first couple of minutes after taking the shot. That was at 125mcg , the highest dose I ever took on that version.

My feelings are somewhat mixed about this. I'm pretty bummed that I don't have a cheap source of TA1 and that my 9 vials left are wasted. It's not easy to pay the kind of price necessary for normal dosage. On the otherhand its kinda nice to know I can handle TA1 better than I thought, and it may still be a viable treatment for me going forward.

Last edited:

drob31

God dammit. Wasn't cheap. Guess I need to add TA1 back to my list of things to try.

COAs = Certificate of Authentication?

You happen to have a link to a thread or anything exposing PureRawz?

Peptidesciences appears to be the cheapest source and anecdotally there is a video on youtube with a "doctor panel" discussing peptide and to get them from a reputable source like taylor made compounds. However, in the videos the doctors admit peptides sciences is a good source.

drob31

I'm about to start working with a NP who is on the cutting edge of peptide usage. As a preview he says the immune system has to be modulated, followed by mitochondria and then hormone subsystems.

I have an appointment on the 19th.

junkcrap50

I'm about to start working with a NP who is on the cutting edge of peptide usage. As a preview he says the immune system has to be modulated, followed by mitochondria and then hormone subsystems.

I have an appointment on the 19th.
What peptides does he use for mitochondria?

I'm only getting my peptides from Peptide Sciences now. Pricing is reasonable and shipping fast. Easy transactions. Only thing is their suprr small bottles. I end up reconstituting in larger vials. I'm playing around with NADH now. We will see!

FWIW- I truly am feeling a lot better after a few months on Epithalon, TA1, and now trying some NADH (why not!?). I also messed around with C60 for a while but off it now. My PEM is better by about 60% I'd say. The only major issue I'm having now is pericarditis, which I've had off and on for 20+ years but had an attack recently that almost sent me to rhe ER. I had a Echo test done and sure enough the report states abnormal effusion. So other than dealing with some ongoing discomfort I'm feeling great! I just had a new panel of blood draw for viruses and such so we will see if any improvement.

BenFromNZ

@Wendi C Awesome to hear about the improvements. Thanks for the update!
I tried sublingual NADH a few years ago and it made me feel great for a couple of days and then nothing. I've been looking into injectable NAD+ recently, or perhaps doing an NAD+ precursor like NMN or NR.

BenFromNZ

BTW just an update on peptide sciences TA1 for me. I'm having similar issues to most immune treatments with it. I've had to back right off, it probably going to take me awhile to find a dose that doesn't gradually build up and make me feel worse.

@BenFromNZ - that's so interesting your reacting. I thought i would too but nothing thus far. What I thought was a reaction was a legit cold that i caught after 1st injection. I'm extremely sensitive to most treatments. I have tried the precursers to NAD before but nothing. :(

drob31

I saw the practitioner today.

He stacks TA1 + BPC-157 along with cebrolysin. Apparently they are all very synergistic together. There are a few more supplements like getting bicarb through using alkaseltzer gold (to prevent intestinal issues) and a few others i'll go over more later.

The TA1 is dosed .5 mcg a day for 10 days, then drops after that. The idea is to have an immune modulating effect. Meanwhile the cebrolysin is helping to repair neuro damage and hopefully have an HPA-healing effect. Also, bpc-157 is going to work systematically healing other sub systems as well. There are more "tricks" but this is what I opted to start with and the number of peptides out there is in the 100's now.

Lieselotte

My experience with TA1: Started with 250mcg and only lasted 4 days before I got severe anxiety, jittery, and night sweats. I think it might have been ramping up my immune system too much. I have autoimmune issues so this is a concern for me. I am now doing 75mcg every other day which seems to be what I can tolerate. I haven't felt any better after being on it. I'm starting to wonder if I should just move on and maybe this peptide isn't going to help me. Which is a bummer.

My feelings are somewhat mixed about this. I'm pretty bummed that I don't have a cheap source of TA1 and that my 9 vials left are wasted. It's not easy to pay the kind of price necessary for normal dosage. On the otherhand its kinda nice to know I can handle TA1 better than I thought, and it may still be a viable treatment for me going forward.

Man, I'm in doubt and a little sad about that. I bought the Suzhou Greenway TA1 and feel nothing so far. I'm on the fourth application and tried up to 800mcg and nothing. The point is, I don't know if the product is legitimate or why I'm quite insensitive to immunomodulatory drugs, as I noticed with other treatments. I'm going to try the BPC and Epithalon that I bought together to see if I feel anything different.

This is the point, I have no money to try peptides from legitimate sources and I don't know if what I bought is legitimate or not. This is the problem with Chinese peptides, it's always a shot in the dark

BenFromNZ

Man, I'm in doubt and a little sad about that. I bought the Suzhou Greenway TA1 and feel nothing so far. I'm on the fourth application and tried up to 800mcg and nothing. The point is, I don't know if the product is legitimate or why I'm quite insensitive to immunomodulatory drugs, as I noticed with other treatments. I'm going to try the BPC and Epithalon that I bought together to see if I feel anything different.

This is the point, I have no money to try peptides from legitimate sources and I don't know if what I bought is legitimate or not. This is the problem with Chinese peptides, it's always a shot in the dark

Well at least you are not having a bad reaction, it may be that it takes a couple of months for you to notice the difference

BenFromNZ

My experience with TA1: Started with 250mcg and only lasted 4 days before I got severe anxiety, jittery, and night sweats. I think it might have been ramping up my immune system too much. I have autoimmune issues so this is a concern for me. I am now doing 75mcg every other day which seems to be what I can tolerate. I haven't felt any better after being on it. I'm starting to wonder if I should just move on and maybe this peptide isn't going to help me. Which is a bummer.

I'm feeling similar to be honest. But I have better feelings about epitalon.