• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1

Something interesting happened to me after a brief period of being out of Epitalon. I know that some say to cycle it, but I don't think I can. I was without for about 10 days. Within that period, I had quite a slide back to worse than I was prior to starting. It mainly affected my sleep. I would sleep, if given the opportunity, for 12 hours and always awoke extremely tired. It was awful! I re-started yesterday and already I feel energized and my sleep is back to normal. I need to repeat this at some point to see if it was truly the Epitalon. I did just return from a very active vacation but I didn't have the normal "crash" until I ran out. So we'll see. :meh:

BenFromNZ

Hey guys, Canlab.net offer Thymosin alpha 1. It's cheaper than peptide sciences version. $110 CAD (about $83 USD)

They had a good rep on reddit by a few commentators so I dug into it further.
They synthesize their own in Montreal. Here's a video they made to prove that they make their own and don't import

The guy who runs it (Jean-Francois Tremblay) appears on a few podcasts like this one https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/podcast/peptides-jean-francois/ and apparently he is a member of the International Peptide Society. I read that he speaks at some of their functions.
So it seems to be legit stuff.
Currently out of stock, I've emailed to get an idea of when they expect to have it back.

Last edited:
Super @BenFromNZ ! This is awesome to see. I look forward to hearing what you find out about re-stocking the product. I love, love, love the fact that I can ring my doc and get it mailed direct, ready to inject and such but honestly, I'm want to continue to experiment with several peptides and there is NO way I can continue to afford his prices. I haven't noticed anything physically from the TA1 but as others have said it's a long term fix depending on how sick you are(were). The Epithalon, however, is a game-changer for me.. This has given me much more stamina.

BenFromNZ

@Wendi C Glad to hear that Epitalon is helping you! I've got some that should be arriving any day now. I know what you mean about the expense and yet wanting to try other peptides! I'm gonna keep looking for cheaper ways to source them.

Are you feeling even better than last time you were on Epitalon?
Btw, Jean-Francois Tremblay (Canlab) suggested in that podcast for people to extend their epitalon cycle from the normal 20 days up to 30 days because he finds the better sleep to really kick in the later part of that time. So you may still get the sleep benefits down the track if you stick at it.

@BenFromNZ This will be my second month on the Epitalon and all I know so far is that I feel about the same as soon as I re-started. In fact, I can pinpoint the moment. I injected about 6 hours prior and was on the couch all day. I literally felt a shift of calm, an uplift in my mood and energy returning.. I almost couldn't believe it.

For the sleep, it's a deep sleep like I haven't had before but I need to experiment and taper off my sleep meds (natural and over the counter) to see if, even off those, it remains decent. I'm afraid to go off the Epitalon again as I had the worst regression of symptoms, but I know I need to cycle off to truly see if it was indeed that just for my own knowledge for the future and what I need to spend my $ on.

BenFromNZ

@Wendi C I just took my first 300mcg shot of Epitalon today. I was wondering, do you remember how long it took when you first tried it to notice anything?

BenFromNZ

Canlab has Thymosin alpha 1 in stock again. Unfortunately he's hiked the price a bit but it still works out about $20 usd cheaper than peptide sciences for the equivalent amount. He's selling it in 4.5mg vials now for $60 CAD (about $45 USD)

Last edited:
@BenFromNZ - I wanted to also let you know about an interesting development. In my particular case, since I came down with whatever this is at age 16 (viral onset), I catch everything very easily and it takes me down twice as hard as the rest of the family. My hubby came home with a cold last week and I woke up with it this morning. So far just a runny nose, but the odd thing is I don't feel bad at all. I work from home and use a treadmill desk because my joints were getting achy sitting all day. Before I started TA1 and Epitalon, I could do a full day on and then had to take 1 day off of the treadmill. Now I'm up to 5 days a week, all day on at between 1.5 and 2.5 mph. I'm so elated.. I hated getting sick before because even a mild cold it felt like the sky had fallen and I'd be bedbound for days. And now, even sick, I'm walking away while I work with not a hint of brainfog.

BenFromNZ

@Wendi C Wow, that's awesome.

I don't think I've had any luck with Epitalon. I'm part way into my 3rd week now and not really noticing anything perceptible. Unless the stuff I got is bunk, but I don't think so as its quite a widely used brand in Russia and sold on a lot of nootropics sites.

I should have some Thymosin alpha 1 within the next couple of weeks - so fingers crossed I have better luck with that. I'll just keep taking the Epitalon at least till then. My dosing has mostly been 300 mcg a day with a few 500 mcg , 1mg and 2mg days thrown in there to see if it makes a difference.

@BenFromNZ Gah! I'm sorry to hear there hasn't been a noticeable difference. :depressed: I would definitely keep at it a bit and see what happens. What I've read, the longer you've been sick the more you need. I've been taking 5mg/day, even tho the literature that came with suggested even more for my age and length of illness. The brand itself was great (Rejevity). I've just re-ordered from Limitless Life Nootropics. They have a solid following on the Epitalon FB private group (which has been insightful). I've ordered their version of Epitalon Amidate which is supposed to be a more stable version for a longer period. Another poster on that board mentioned that they needed TB500 for the Epitalon to be effective.

BenFromNZ

@Wendi C Oh ok. I was going on Tailor Made's recommendation and also your early experience taking a lower dose, you really increased it a lot huh! I figured that kind of dose would only be if you were taking it for the normal 10-20 day period that people do for life extension. Anyway, I do have quite a lot more Epitalon, so I am planning on doing higher doses before giving up. But if it doesnt work out I will try the Thymosin alpha and then maybe buy from another source later. I heard Limitless Life Nootropics has a good rep - but they never responded to my questions (I wrote twice) regarding their Thymosin alpha which kinda put me off ordering from them, but I'll def consider them again.
Can you link me to the FB group?
Thanks

Lieselotte

@Wendi C thanks for the Epithalon source info! 5mg per day is a ton. I might go ahead and try that...

@BenFromNZ I didn't really realize the Epithalon benefits until after the 15-20 day cycle I did. So, hang in there a bit longer just to see.

FYI, I tried a cycle of TB0-500. 10mg over 20 days. Didn't do anything.

Up next I think I'll try the Can Labs Thymosin Alpha1. How much are you guys taking per day?