• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

This may sound hokey..Rife Machine for CFS

Hi,
I'm not sure where to put my post so if it needs to be moved, that's quite alright.
Like all of you, I've tried (and continue) every supplement, vitamin, herb, gluten free diet, juicing, bio identical hormones, and the list goes on. Pre CFS, i was healthy and use to be a runner. I cringe when I think of all the money I've spent. I want go as far as to say wasted. The B12 has helped me. I have never been on any medications prior to the CFS I steered clear of doctors and medications. So, I have come to a fork in the road. I have been ill since Aug 09 and found a doctor who wants me to start on Valtrex for reactive EBV This has been a very difficult decision for me, a constant struggle. Most people would jump at the chance. However, I wrestle with making the decision. I'm not sure why. Fear perhaps. Here comes the hokey part. Have any of you read or heard about the Rife machine? People w/lyme have had success and like everything else, others have slight improvement and some have none at all. I would appreciate your input. I have ordered the machine and I should have it very soon. I guess some might view this as being desperate or naive but other than spending few bucks.....I will let you all know how this goes.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi,
Here comes the hokey part. Have any of you read or heard about the Rife machine? People w/lyme have had success and like everything else, others have slight improvement and some have none at all. I would appreciate your input. I have ordered the machine and I should have it very soon.

Hi Lee Ann,

This is a board with a lot of diversity, so yes, some will consider a Rife machine hokey, but others have used/are using them. We have a thread on it somewhere in here!

I have a machine and my only advice (based on my experience and that of others who have ME/CFS and use one), is go easy! Most of us found we could only tolerate a second (or few!) on the frequencies that were likely to work. Otherwise we got a lot of herx or whatever you want to call it.

And, just for the record, one of my M.D. docs suggested I get one. He can't be named, but he and his family use one regularly and he found it very helpful.

Best wishes,
Sushi

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I have heard of it but I do not know anything about it. I just want to say that I have improved so much with my supplements and the difference is the blood testing, integrative doctors that know more than the usual ones because they know the best brands of supplements and how much to give you. Then they need to retest. Just taking thngs without knowing what you need is not usually very helpful.

My CFS is rarely a problem, my POTS is though. I am working hard to keep both at a low level. This time last year I could not get out of bed. Supplements work with the right doctors.

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
It is natural to be anxious about taking a significant medicine such as Valtrex. But assuming reactivated EBV has been properly diagnosed, it is definitely worth trying since this is one of the few treatments that I would consider to lead to "cures", at least in published literature.

As for the Rife machine, it is definitely hokey. For it to work, the practical and well-understood parts of chemistry and physics must be wrong!

Those selling such devices have also had plenty of legal action due to false claims etc. Example: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2002/07/biopulse2.shtm

I have been treating my wife for Lyme for over five years. We have used various methods, but Rife type frequency treatments are the thing that has worked the best over the long run. She is symptom free as long as I keep treating her every so often. She is not cured, but not symptomatic either.

I have used this method for several infections. It works well for some pathogens, and not so well for others. You do need to know what you are targeting to have a decent chance.

If you need some help, let me know. I have a pretty good grasp of this treatment method.

Good luck

Dan

Hey Everybody,
Thanks for the advice.....I'm really amazed at the support here :) Dan, my husband did all the research and decided on the Coil ?? I think that is the name. He said it was a bit confusing on which machine to purchase. I am very excited (sad huh) to start the process. That is wonderful that is has been so helpful w/your wife!!! In my mind it made sense that if the machine kills bacteria, why not viruses. It's sad when you have to go "underground" to find alternative treatment. Its like a secret society. It's all about the mighty buck.. My husband suggested I not tell family or friends because they wouldn't understand and they might commit me haha....You know what....if this works I am shouting from the roof tops.

Hey sushi....
Thanks for the positive remarks. From what I have read, the herxing can be tough. But Valtrex can do the same thing. I would think that it's a positive sign that your body is ridden itself of what should not be there.

The Doug Coil is an effective device for Lyme, and most people that use one, use it for Lyme.

I have only dealt with so many pathogens, so I do not have complete information on the thousands out there. In general, viruses are easier to eliminate than bacteria. They do not have much resistance to this type of treatment. Some bacteria are very tough to eliminate, Lyme being one of them.

The problem with viruses is finding an effective frequency. Rife only worked with a handful of pathogens, and he was far more thorough than most anyone else that has used this method since. I am skeptical of many of the listed frequencies that exist today, but I also have been pleasantly surprised that they work as often as they do.

In general, higher frequencies are going to be more effective than lower ones. When you have the choice, run higher harmonics of a given frequency rather than a lower one.

This is all experimental, but since the risk is virtually nil, it is worth trying it out for your condition. I have not used this method for the EBV virus, so I cannot say if it will work, or not. Do you for certain have this virus?

Dan

Dan
Hi, According to my blood work and 2 doctors, I do have reactive EBV. I do not understand Igg's and Igm's and titer but mine was well above the normal range. I am still struggling with the idea that a virus like EBV can turn your once healthy body into the walking dead. But then again HIV is a virus. As far as the rife, my husband has done quite a bit of research still confusing though. I am not able to decifer all the material on the internet. This will be his project and I am just the willing subject. I am hopeful it will have some benefit, but not overly. Like you said, the risk is virtually nil, so I have nothing to lose. I am expecting it any day. We have already gotten the amp??? I think it is called that. I will keep you posted on my progress. One question... did you wife herx when she first started? and if so does it eventually subside?? Thanks Dan

The herxes were quite intense early on. I had no idea what I was doing, and seriously doubted that this frequency treatment would work.

I was quite surprised and ended up over treating her the first time, as I really did not expect much of a response.

The treatment itself made her hurt a lot. This is not typical, but in her case, she feels these frequencies, when they hit something. One of the early treatments produced blisters in her mouth, lots of joint pain and she suffered pretty badly. This was just a Lyme treatment, I had not even treated for any co-infections yet.

This reaction does get less and less pronounced as the bacteria is reduced, but it takes quite a while. She no longer has any herx reactions, but her bacterial load is very light. I am just trying to totally eliminate it at this point. She also has Bartonella which is another tough customer. That is reduced to almost nothing also.

I would not expect EBV to be nearly as difficult to get rid of, if you can find a good working frequency.

Your husband should look into joining the Rife forum, as there are a couple of other people treating CFS on that forum.

http://www.rifeforum.com/

Here is a link to DNA based frequencies that you may want to try. This person has a patented mathematical method for calculating frequencies based on DNA/RNA spacing of pathogens. She charges a small fee for her frequency sets, to support her research. She does have a set for EBV.

http://www.dnafrequencies.com/

I do not know that EBV would produce as severe a herx as Lyme, but I would expect some sort of response. When I ran the XMRV frequencies on myself, it made my intestinal tract sore, and made my digestion faster. They had no immediate effect on my wife, but she did develop Shingles shortly after running them. I then had to treat the Shingles using Herpes Zoster frequencies. Luckily they dried up and went away two days after treating her.

These are the type of things that can happen using an experimental treatment.

Dan

Hi Dan,
I'm surprised at the level of herxing your wife had. I know that it is common to herx but it sounds like an alien like expericence. Shingles scare me. My cousin had them and they were from hell ! Thanks so much for the info. I will keep this so that my husband can read it. Again, thanks. I will keep my fingers crossed that all this goes well. Talk to you soon
Lee Ann

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Dan,
I'm surprised at the level of herxing your wife had. I will keep my fingers crossed that all this goes well. Talk to you soon
Lee Ann

Hi Lee Ann,

I'd guess your machine will come soon and you will be eager to experiment. So, again, please try just a few seconds at first and give it a day and see what happens. You can provoke a herx that takes days to get through.

I know I was eager to try all sorts of frequencies when mine came, and I really regretted it.

That said, I think you will find some help and very best wishes!

Sushi

Hi Sushi
I will heed your advice. I'll just look at it like I am training for a marathon. Slow and gradual. I will pace myself. Thanks for your encouragement :)

Hi Cort,
I am taking this in stride. I suppose it's like anything in life, taking chances in order to stumble upon something incredible. Not saying the rife machine is but just life itself. Nice to meet you

There are also people with Lyme who have not had any relief of symptoms using frequency treatments. I think it is often a detoxification problem, as these people generally do not get relief using any treatment method.

There is also often multiple pathogens involved. I have identified three besides Lyme involved with my wife's illness. There may be one more that I am not sure of at this time.

Nothing is ever easy with disease and treatment.

Dan

mojoey

I agree with Dan: the issue with efficacy is finding the appropriate frequency. I personally witnessed chronic lyme patients improve significantly from biophoton treatments with nosodes for lyme disease. Using nosodes in such a manner is considered similar to isopathy (treating like with like), whereas the rife machine is actually more of a shotgun approach and may or may not hit the appropriate pathogen. However, the photon route is definitely less researched it is far more difficult to get legitimate nosodes (especially in the US) for pathogens than it is to experiment with rife frequencies which are just numerical combinations.

I suspect it will be years, if ever, before we can even obtain legitimate retroviral nosodes. Right now, HIV is the only one that can be found with relative ease. The german government has cracked down on domestic nosode companies (Staufen-Pharma) in recent years, so if you're not the sleuthing sort you might not want to bother. There are some companies in the UK and Belgium that carry them, but again they're under watchful eyes.

Wayne

As for the Rife machine, it is definitely hokey. For it to work, the practical and well-understood parts of chemistry and physics must be wrong!

Those selling such devices have also had plenty of legal action due to false claims etc. Example: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2002/07/biopulse2.shtm

Hi Snow Leopard,

Those are some pretty strong statements. I've spent quite a number of hours over the years researching Royal Rife, and find his story and his results to be quite extraordinary (and credible). I'm not sure why you find it difficult to believe that certain frequencies can affect (destroy) living things like viruses, cancers, bacteria, etc. It all seems quite plausible to me.

BTW, just because the government says something doesn't necessarily mean it's true. Though I do believe there are likely some Rife machine scams out there, it doesn't negate the fact that many people have gotten positive results from using them. I've used one in the past, and the results were positive, albeit minimal. Had I had better instructions, I might have been able to get better results.

Wayne

Wayne

Your husband should look into joining the Rife forum, as there are a couple of other people treating CFS on that forum.

http://www.rifeforum.com/

Here is a link to DNA based frequencies that you may want to try. This person has a patented mathematical method for calculating frequencies based on DNA/RNA spacing of pathogens. She charges a small fee for her frequency sets, to support her research. She does have a set for EBV.

http://www.dnafrequencies.com/

Hi Dan,

Thanks much for your insightful posts, and also for the above links. I was wondering what "brand" of Rife machine you've been using. I've had some experience in the past with one called "Bio Tec" (or something like that). It sounds like some Rife machines are very close to the original Rife machines, and some just aren't, which could explain some of the differing results people have gotten.

Le Ann, I was also wondering what brand your Rife machine is that you ordered, and what made you decide with the particular model. Perhaps I should be addressing this to your husband? Anyway, I wish you the best as you begin to experiment with this. I don't think it's hokey at all; in fact I think it's a very prudent (and safe) approach, given reports that it has helped others with similar health issues.

Best, Wayne

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
I'm not sure why you find it difficult to believe that certain frequencies can affect (destroy) living things like viruses, cancers, bacteria, etc. It all seems quite plausible to me.

To someone who has studied physical chemistry and understands the basis of spectroscopy, it does not seem plausible. The problem is a complete lack of specificity. Oh and the power output is likely insufficient (depending on the actual device), although that should prevent the device from being harmful.