• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Team of Doctors and Biohackers Who Seem to Be Successfully Treating “Long Covid”

Learner1

1. It is not just NAD deficiency
  2. It is not just the leaking of NAD from the tryptophan pathway that he describes, completely missing Dr. Phair's metabolic trap relating to the IDO2 pathway
  3. Mast cells don't just make histamine, they make a lot of other chemicals, too. Some MCAS patients don't have a histamine problem.
  4. COVID does seem to be a mast cell driven disease. Anecdotally, patients who are on mast cell medications and stabilizers lihe quercetin have done better than expected.
This guy isn't talking about something simple. The biomarker he's looking forward is just as elusive as the biomarker for ME/CFS. He's talking about nutrient depletion, persistent infections, autoimmunity, mast cells, compromised energy production. This has all been going on in ME/CFS and there aren't any neat answers, certainly not just taking NAD+ - yes, it's a help, but it doesn't fix the underlying problem.

Last edited:

leokitten

This guy isn't talking about something simple. The biomarker he's looking forward is just as elusive as the biomarker for ME/CFS. He's talking about nutrient depletion, persistent infections, autoimmunity, mast cells, compromised energy production. This has all been going on in ME/CFS and there aren't any neat answers, certainly not just taking NAD+ - yes, it's a help, but it doesn't fix the underlying problem.

Yep likely only one part of the mess