• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The PRINCE Secondary Study: Persistent Physical Symptoms Reduction Intervention (CBT trial)

I will be conducting a study in 2017 looking at harms and adverse reactions to CBT and GET

its long overdue

Brilliant.

I hope you might find a way to include the knock on effect on those of us who haven't done one of the official versions, but who have acted on the recommendations of these treatments by NICE and by GP's by trying to gradually increase our activity and ignore our symptoms.

I and many others have been harmed by this secondary effect and by the publicity which implied all we have to do is exercise more to get better and the disbelief from family friends and doctors.

However, I can see that this would be much harder to quantify, and the study should rightly focus on those directly harmed by undergoing the treatments.

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
I have included a link for this thread for the PRINCE Secondary Trial in a new thread:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ary-care-whats-happening-across-the-uk.48710/

MUS, PPS services and integration into NHS primary care - what's happening across the UK?

I see the PRINCE Secondary Trial also featured in

IOP Department of Psychological Medicine Newsletter

January 2016 Newsletter

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/ioppn/depts/pm/Newsletters/Newsletter-Issue-2-Jan-2016-for-print.pdf

Page 3

PRINCE Secondary Trial

Jenny TipsforME

@Lucibee thanks for sharing, I just came here to share this post.

Yes it makes me angry. In fact each of our #MissingMoreGET posts makes me angry when I'm editing them, but this one particularly got to me :(

Please share Rosa's story widely (and our other pwme stories). The general public aren't aware of any of this agenda and personal stories are probably the best tool we have to stop it.

anni66

mum to ME daughter
That is true, but also..the fact that if there is a problem in the brain/nervous system sending signals, then by their own analogy..that actually is a "hardware" problem?! Since when is the brain and nerves not a physical organ?! If the brain is having trouble sending signals, then that's a physical problem. Their software/hardware logic is one of the weirdest pieces of "science" I've ever come across.
Perhaps it could be scanned and posted up / provided to David Tuller / MEA/ Countess of Marr......

PRINCE Study booklet said:
So, when there is a problem with the ‘software’ (i.e. the body systems) there is not much point in looking at the hardware (i.e. the physical body) to try to fix it.
Which can just as validly be reversed to "So, when there is a problem with the ‘hardware’ (i.e. the physical body) there is not much point in looking at the software (i.e. the body systems) to try to fix it."

They seem to overlook this so wilfully.