• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Folates as a Trigger

R**

I seem to be able to handle 4 of the simplified 5 supps well. Taking lots of B12. Not doing great, but not completely taken down with detox. But, when I add the folates, I am hit hard. (Actually never worked up to 2 tablets of the HH multi.. )

What does this mean? When I added the folates (small doses), I was in excrutiating pain. Came off, the pain subsided. Took urine metals tests and was dumping 9 metals and that was 2 days after stopping the folates.

My baseline metals test showed me dumping 4 metals prior to starting the methylation protocol. Is this normal? Two of my doctors, both in the IV chelation business thought this was very strange and a sign I am very toxic. I was taking chlorella and modifilan, but one doc said that these should be binding more than that. I was also taking phos serine and b12 prior at the time of the baseline test.

I am not back on the folates. Having amalgams removed and neural therapy which was recommended to me before pursuing KPU therapy to help my body deal with releasing metals, which I seem to need with the methylation protocol as well.

Thank you for any insights.