• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Temporary improvement after colonoscopy?

Daffodil

There is a test which looks as good as the APERIOMICS test ...I am not sure how its different but most of this is over my head. It is the BIOMEFX test. It was recommended in a FB group and its cheaper than the APERIOMICS. I just ordered one

EddieB

There is a test which looks as good as the APERIOMICS test ...I am not sure how its different but most of this is over my head. It is the BIOMEFX test. It was recommended in a FB group and its cheaper than the APERIOMICS. I just ordered one
Please let us know how it goes.

I now have both the trio breath test and the IBS smart test in the works, waiting, waiting...

Daffodil

Please let us know how it goes.

I now have both the trio breath test and the IBS smart test in the works, waiting, waiting...
well the biomefx test is something i ordered for my possible stool donor. if it doesnt look good, then i am out the money for that too :-/ but since when has this disease been easy on the pocket book

• After commonly having herx reactions to antibiotics, I now wonder if the prep and flush (prior to taking antibiotics) would help. There should be less bacteria for the antibiotics to kill and thus the body should be less burdened in terms of eliminating toxins.
  • If symptoms improve after prep/flush, would it make sense afterwards to then take Rifaximin 550mg to try and do even more of a reset? Follow that with a diet low in bad carbs and sugar.
Just throwing it out there. I am considering this approach.
(Rifaximin is an antibiotic coated to make it to the small intestine)